1.    #1  
    Hi prestonauts,

I got a palm pre plus (germany) with webos 2.1
    and I'm getting a sync error for a while (2 weeks).
    I found in /var/logs/messages this user.err entry:
    alm.service.backup.jsjsjs
    errno:21
    in usr.palm.nodejs.fork_server.jsjsjs

Any ideas? Could it be from a patch?

tia,
    ibram
    i'm getting the same error, to be specific:
    Code:
    palm-webos user.err alm.service.backup.jsjsjs: $Exception$ $occurred$ $during$ $backup$: {&$quot$;$message$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$EISDIR$, $Is$ $a$ $directory$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$stack$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Error$: $EISDIR$, $Is$ $a$ $directory$\$n$    $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$nodejs$/$fork_server$.$js$:$201$:$10$\$n$    $at$ $ChildProcess$.$fork$ ($child_process$:$8$:$245$)\$n$    $at$ $Object$.$fork$ ($child_process$:$1$:$434$)\$n$    $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$nodejs$/$fork_server$.$js$:$246$:$32$\$n$    $at$ $Object$.$parseMessage$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$nodejs$/$fork_server$.$js$:$68$:$5$)\$n$    $at$ $Stream$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$usr$/$palm$/$nodejs$/$fork_server$.$js$:$445$:$18$)\$n$    $at$ $Stream$.$emit$ ($events$:$2$:$431$)\$n$    $at$ $IOWatcher$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($net$:$16$:$232$)\$n$    $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$errno$&$quot$;:$21$
    Any thoughts out there?

Yes I know there are a lot of suggestions to disable and reenable backup, but that is like doctoring to solve every problem. I don't really buy into the "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" mentality. It would be best for these errors to .. well, best would be that they don't happen. second best is that they are debugged and understood.
    There's a chance that if i disable backups and attempt to reenable, i won't be able to have a backup again, ya know? That's a concern anyways..
    ttfn, -Ajay

FYI - It does "preparing," then "Backing up.." and gets to right under the ck in the "Using Backup" hyperlink before "Backup Failed"
    Last edited by sanaking; 05/13/2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: add more info that is likely important!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    I never told you to Doctor your device hehehe

But yes, my suggestion still is to disable then reenable backup.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    next? It didnt work/help.
    6 months of sms, call log, contacts... Gone as soon as I doctor this weekend.
    backup still doesnt work, as expected. After seeing my friend make calls seamlessly on his android phone over 3g/wifi, and this, this is the first day ive said this-I hate webos.
    Last edited by sanaking; 05/13/2011 at 08:15 PM.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Joining this thread... My unlocked Pre2 running webos 2.1 seems to have only performed backups the first night or two after I got it. My last backup was 7/7. Attempting to "backup now" gets about one-third of the way then returns "backup failed". I tried turning backups off and on, and after having to reset my Palm Profile password (no idea why), forcing a backup yields the same result. This is super annoying!