1.    #1  
    I just bought a new Pre+ (I really like Webos!) and I realized that there is something wrong with the screen. When I'm in an application with a dark background like the alarm clock, I can see the background light emitting at the left and right corner of the bottom and in the middle of the bottom. And worse: there is a spot in the lower third of the display about as big as a fingertip where you can see the backlight shine through directly. As I never used a Pre before this seems strange to me. Is this normal? Or did I get a Pre+ with a bad screen? Should I change it?

Best,

walmo
    Sounds like a bad screen. Take a screenshot (Opt-Sym-P), open it up on your computer and compare. If they don't look identical, then you've definitely got a screen issue.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip. On my computer the screenshot looks normal. is this a common problem with Pres?
    Quote Originally Posted by walmo View Post
    Thanks for the tip. On my computer the screenshot looks normal. is this a common problem with Pres?
    Based on what you've described, I don't think that's a common problem, so if you're still under warranty, I'd go exchange it. Maybe you can go compare it against a store's display unit?
    screen is defective. return it