Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello ! Since yesterday i can not connect to the web using Wifi. When i try to connect to a Wifi hot spot my pre connects. But wen i try to launch any webpage i get the flowing error Unable to resolve host (2006), when i try to lunch Preware i get the following error preware error:command failed whit return value 1: wget --passive-ftp-q -p /tmp/ipkg-72bn2k

Please help !
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Your wireless router is not connected to the internet.
  3.    #3  
    I tried to connect in 3 bars and every time i got connected but since yesterday i can not browse the web and use preware...
    You cannot access the internet through any WiFi router? Check to see if you accidentally set a static IP address in your WiFi settings.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Connection to a router (wifi signal strength) has nothing to do with connection to the internet. If you are at home, try resetting your modem and router: unplug both from power supplies, plug modem back in to power supply and wait for it to initialize fully ("ready" light or something like that), then plug your router back in to power supply.

Also, go into browser preferences and clear your cache.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    You cannot access the internet through any WiFi router? Check to see if you accidentally set a static IP address in your WiFi settings.
    I can not i tried it in 3 bars whit no success.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Connection to a router (wifi signal strength) has nothing to do with connection to the internet. If you are at home, try resetting your modem and router: unplug both from power supplies, plug modem back in to power supply and wait for it to initialize fully ("ready" light or something like that), then plug your router back in to power supply.

Also, go into browser preferences and clear your cache.
    My modem does not support wifi, when i wont to go on the net whit my pre i usually go in a bar that has wifi.
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipxy View Post
    I can not i tried it in 3 bars whit no success.
    Forget the bars, man! They mean NOTHING, except that you are connected to your router. The second part of the connection is that your router must be connected to your modem. The third step is that the modem must be connected to the internet.

The bars mean you have achieved step 1. Work on 2 and 3.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    My modem does not support wifi, when i wont to go on the net whit my pre i usually go in a bar that has wifi.
    Ah. Well, that clears things up. So, since you do not have control over steps 2 and 3, try clearing your cache and doing a full reset of your phone. Not sure what else to tell you.
  10.    #10  
    Forget the bars, man! They mean NOTHING, except that you are connected to your router. The second part of the connection is that your router must be connected to your modem. The third step is that the modem must be connected to the internet.

The bars mean you have achieved step 1. Work on 2 and 3.
    I understand you but since i hew gotten the pre i have always went on the net in the bars that have wifi. Whit bars i meant pub, inn, tavern, Sorry for my wrong translation
    Last edited by Filipxy; 04/06/2011 at 12:45 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Ah. Well, that clears things up. So, since you do not have control over steps 2 and 3, try clearing your cache and doing a full reset of your phone. Not sure what else to tell you.
    I have restarted my pre yesterday and today but the same problem i can not brows the web or update preware. By the way i have webOs 1.4.5 and Uber-Kernel.
  12.    #12  
    Back ground info: Wen i was in a train and listening to music my phone fall but it did not fall on the ground. My head phones where stuck in the pre sou they stooped the fall. Since then my wifi does not work.
    Where do you go to clear your cache???
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Where do you go to clear your cache???

In the browser preferences, scroll down.
    Back ground info: Wen i was in a train and listening to music my phone fall but it did not fall on the ground. My head phones where stuck in the pre sou they stooped the fall. Since then my wifi does not work.
    Since the phone's fall, when you bring up the WiFi screen, do you still see good signal strength from your surrounding WiFi access points or are they all very weak signals? If it was a pretty severe drop, it may have done something to the physical connection between the antenna and the memory/logic board.

Check: here and here
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Since the phone's fall, when you bring up the WiFi screen, do you still see good signal strength from your surrounding WiFi access points or are they all very weak signals? If it was a pretty severe drop, it may have done something to the physical connection between the antenna and the memory/logic board.

Check: here and here
    The phone did not fall on the ground because the head phones prevented it. Yes i see a good wifi signal.
    When I try to turn on my WIFI the spinning ring just keeps spinning. I don't get a list. Nothing! Just keeps spinning.
    What are you trying to connect to a home network?
    The phone did not fall on the ground because the head phones prevented it. Yes i see a good wifi signal.
    Do you have the equipment to rule out possible causes? Like do you have another device that connects with no problem from the exact same location? And I assuming you've also shutdown and restarted as well?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Do you have the equipment to rule out possible causes? Like do you have another device that connects with no problem from the exact same location? And I assuming you've also shutdown and restarted as well?
    I do not have another device, yes i had restarted and...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast