1.    #1  
    So I had some time to kill at lunch and stopped in the Verizon store. I have installed 2.1 on my Verizon Pre+ and use the AV8B kernel at 1 ghz and have been thinking about getting the Pre 2.

Decided to so some comparison between my Pre+ and the display Pre2. I opened the same programs on both phones and visually compared the performance. I opened the Web and tried some flash videos. Tried the keyboard and compared the flat gorilla glass screen. Compared the "heft" of feel of both in my hand (a little hard because of the cable connection on the display model).

After a while, I made my decision....

I'm keeping my Pre+ with 2.1. I mean, the performance, smoothness, speed of opening programs, and even flash was basically the same. I've heard people say the Pre2 "blows away" the Pre in speed, but I did not find that to be true at all. To me too, the Pre2 felt a little "plasticy".

I was pretty surprised at how good the Pre+ compared and would tell anyone who has one with 2.1 and is overclocking to think twice about dumping your Pre+ for a Pre2.
    I actually tried a true side-by-side comparison between my old Pre Plus (running webOS 2.1 and UberKernel at 1 gHz) and my new VZW Pre 2 (also 2.1, via the dev program), both with essentially the same Palm Profile (I turned on Airplane Mode on my old Pre Plus before logging into my Palm Profile on the Pre 2, so it hasn't yet disabled it there) and applications. The differences are truly subtle, but the Pre 2 shows a small advantage in terms of app launching (the apps are available a bit sooner on the Pre 2) and similar things. That, the enhanced build quality, and the Gorilla Glass are all pluses (if you'll excuse the expression) for the Pre 2. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I am skipping the Pre 2 entirely. I am holding out for the Pre 3 at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    I am skipping the Pre 2 entirely. I am holding out for the Pre 3 at this point.
    Not at all a bad approach; my Pre 2 was free, so I didn't have to make any decisions re: cost. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter