Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am after a palm pre or pre plus as cheap as i can get it without costing me money in the long term. I have used a treo 680 in the past.

I am looking at either

1) a palm plus second hand (ebay) for 150
    2) palm pre 1 new 180
    3) palm pre S/H ebay 100

I have heard a lot about pre quality issues which is why i am worried about buying second hand which is why i am also looking at a new pre or the pre plus which i believe has better build quality but still issues.

Any suggestions on which way i should buy with the problems the Pre has?
    Thanks for your time

Martin
    i have bought a new pre plus for 150 a few days ago and i dont regret it. the additional ram makes the system run more smooth compared to the pre -.
    thats the reason i would totally recommend to spend a few more and go for a pre plus.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eternityzero View Post
    i have bought a new pre plus for 150 a few days ago and i dont regret it. the additional ram makes the system run more smooth compared to the pre -.
    thats the reason i would totally recommend to spend a few more and go for a pre plus.
    Thanks for the reply I didnt realise the extra storage space would make a difference
    unless the 8Gb was pretty full up.

The plus is second hand and so I am not sure its worth risking against a new pre 1
    with the Pre's build quality being poor.

Martin
    A friend just created a Sprint FrankenPre Plus and doesn't regret it. The delta between the two phones is pretty high according to him.

However the keyboard quality on the Pre Plus has been a point of contention for many including me. I have the Plus and I hate the keyboard and I've had two units as has my wife and both were about the same.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Thats interesting the reviews i have read seem to say that the keyboard improved with the plus.
    Thanks
    Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Thanks for the reply I didnt realise the extra storage space would make a difference
    unless the 8Gb was pretty full up.

The plus is second hand and so I am not sure its worth risking against a new pre 1
    with the Pre's build quality being poor.

Martin
    I just wanted to make sure that you understood that eternity was refering to the extra memory and not the storage. The pre plus does have an extra 8gigs of storage (totalling 16), but it also has an extra 256mb of ram (totalling 512). The ram allows it to run multiple apps much smoother than the original pre while the storage just allows you to put more stuff on your phone.

I'm sorry if you already understood this, but I just wanted to make sure.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I just wanted to make sure that you understood that eternity was refering to the extra memory and not the storage. The pre plus does have an extra 8gigs of storage (totalling 16), but it also has an extra 256mb of ram (totalling 512). The ram allows it to run multiple apps much smoother than the original pre while the storage just allows you to put more stuff on your phone.

I'm sorry if you already understood this, but I just wanted to make sure.

No you were right to point that out, i only thought the storage improved things until your post.But with the extra memory I would expect an improvement in the performance of the phone.

Thanks for posting

Martin