View Poll Results: How many times have you had your Pre replaced?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 2

42 24.71%
  • 3 - 4

23 13.53%
  • 5 - 6

20 11.76%
  • 7 - 8

7 4.12%
  • 9 - 10

4 2.35%
  • 11 or more

6 3.53%
  • Still on my original

68 40.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I've been lucky and only had to replace it once, but my wife is going on her 9th replacement ... how about you?
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Still using July 09 Pre on Sprint. :-)
    Replaced twice. Still have some issue but I just learned to except the flaw and waiting for new device soon. I wont be back to webos phone until I hear some good news. I hate to be another qa tester for palm product, they don't pay me to be the tester.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Legitimately replaced due to real issues? Twice.

1) Screen crack from usb
    2) Microphone messed up, people couldn't hear me.

Replaced because Sprint would rather blame my phone for crappy reception at home rather than send me an Airave? Thrice.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Thrice.
    Theres that word again! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Still on my first Pre, but it's on its way out though. The volume up button has stopped working and the USB door broke off in the phone and got jammed in the slider for a while. The ringer switch is also starting to freak out as well causing it to randomly vibrate.

I'm thinking about getting a replacement through TEP, but I don't want to get a bad replacement.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVorteX View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a replacement through TEP, but I don't want to get a bad replacement.
    you might get lucky and get a good one like I did, but my wife s going on her 9th replacement and most of the issues have been with audio: volume, speaker & mic
    there is already a thread for this and should be merged.
    never, solid as can be.

Actually the best phone I've ever had. Coming from a long list of windows mobile, iphone, and a couple of androids, my pre has never failed me.

build quality is top notch for me too. Heck, I've even wet sanded and polished the bugger!
    June 6 09 Pre here

Not the most solid phone i have ever had (Treo 650 was a tank) but not too bad either.

Bought one for the wife 10/1/2010 and she is rough on phones. as of today hers its still working like new. (crossing my fingers)
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 04/05/2011 at 02:18 PM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    June of 09 Pre here too.
    Just had my launch pre replaced. Wife upgraded her phone and used my eligible upgrade for it. They sprint store screwed up the process somehow and my phone wouldn't call out/in etc. Called customer service, got it working, it stopped working an hour later.

Called back in, did everything we could, never could get it to activate.
    They overnighted me a new/refurb Pre. The radio died or something.

1 hr later, back to 2.1 and overclock.
    ive had this pre since day one. 2 years pro. ive dropped it many times, really bad. it has been in water and yet i still have my pre. the only mistake i did was when one of those times it submerged in water my volume kept going up but it was because it still wasnt dry so what i did was trying to be einstein and i took off the volume buttons and yes, i broke that area of voulume keys but other than that...my pre- is really durable
    Still on my first one,
    I think/hope it may just make it to the conclusion of my contract.

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    This is hilarious.....the question is: "How many times have you had you Pre replaced?" and 7 posts out of 14 have never been replaced.....

not sure if images are on or off here on my mobile so here's the link:
    http://www.google.com/m/search?client=ms-palm-webOS&q=are+you+entertained+picture&channel=iss&site=images&ei=M36bTZHLAYjKNZ6E14IB&ved=0CA4Q7AkwAA

YES I AM ....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

oya.....Number 5 is Alive!!
    Only replaced it once, with a Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Legitimately replaced due to real issues? Twice.

1) Screen crack from usb
    2) Microphone messed up, people couldn't hear me.

Replaced because Sprint would rather blame my phone for crappy reception at home rather than send me an Airave? Thrice.

I've had mine replaced (for legitimate reasons, also) 4 times already. As to the Airave, Dan@sprint.com (the office) sent me an Airave to try to fix my coverage issues. It's been 2.5 weeks and I've never had such awful coverage/drops. Dan's office is supposed to call me back tomorrow to find fix. I think it's the phone.

I am guessing I will be getting Pre #5 very soon.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Original since June 09.

Recently noticed a small crack at USB port, and the ringer switch is not always reliable. Like many others here, I'm hoping it will last until Pre3 arrives on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    lost count.. 5 or 6
    With the release uncertainty of the Pre3 in both date, features (4 or 3G) and carrier & the phone on it's last legs I don't see much of an incentive to be a HP customer.
    Love the webos but hey, android is not sitting still and the app catalog is quite large. ios not bad either.
    This is number 2.

I'm hoping to hold out for the Pre 3, unless Android makes a killer device in the next year and a half. Canada and its three year contracts...frick.

-- Bring back DateBk!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast