View Poll Results: How many times have you had your Pre replaced?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 2

42 24.71%
  • 3 - 4

23 13.53%
  • 5 - 6

20 11.76%
  • 7 - 8

7 4.12%
  • 9 - 10

4 2.35%
  • 11 or more

6 3.53%
  • Still on my original

68 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is my fifth Pre.

If the Pre would have been a slab with no moving parts along with Gorilla Glass on a metal body, I would have never had to replace it. Read back through the thread to see how many replacements were due to oreo, cracks, and sliding keyboards.

Sliding things stop sliding. Plastic cracks.
    I'm on my 11th Pre..

-Stuck key on one keyboard
    -Headset jack stopped working on two
    -External speaker went out on three in a row
    -Power button stopped working on my last one
    -Can't remember the rest

I'm actually picking up my 12th Pre today! REALLY hoping the build quality goes up by leaps and bounds with the Pre 3. I've, sadly, had to stop recommending the Pre to friends because of the poor build quality, alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    I'm on my 11th Pre..

-Stuck key on one keyboard
    -Headset jack stopped working on two
    -External speaker went out on three in a row
    -Power button stopped working on my last one
    -Can't remember the rest

I'm actually picking up my 12th Pre today! REALLY hoping the build quality goes up by leaps and bounds with the Pre 3. I've, sadly, had to stop recommending the Pre to friends because of the poor build quality, alone.

Wait... WHAT?! My pre plus lasted 6 month before the power button began to show weaknesses... And my pre 2 works fine, for now a least
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    I'm on #6 all due to the back speaker going. Next time I'm just going to replace with something. Web OS hopefully.
    still on my original
  6. gp
    still using first pre+ from verizon for a year now. No problems.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    This is my fourth Pre, and it is going south pretty quick. Luckily, I have a spare that will (hopefully) last me until my renewal.
    Nicky
    I just called up Sprint to have my Pre replaced for the 4th or 5th time. I asked about a different device and they said nope.

I'm actually really considering not even using it and going back to my old BlackBerry Curve. While I love webOS, I can't stand the hardware and was thinking it would be best to sell it before it loses any more value.

I've had this one about a week before the screen started pulling away from the body. And the grippers on the inside of the USB cover are mashed up and won't allow it to close.
    I'm fairly certain I'm on my 8th Pre (I've lost count), but in all fairness 2-3 of them were my own fault (severe water damage, excessive force, etc)...
    I'm on my 4th Verizon Pre+. The first one lasted 8 months but then the 3G started dropping out after 20 minutes of use. Each one they send me seems to last progressively less amount of time before I get problems. I had my first problem with my current one a few days ago(its only 2 weeks old) with the screen not wanting to answer calls. I'll try to answer the call and the lock slider will wiggle al funny or slide to one side of the screen and stay there. I have been able to answer the phone when it does this by sliding the keyboard open so it hasn't been to bad yet. Weirdly enough this Pre+ seems to get better reception then my others. And yes, I update my prl often.

I'm really torn whether to use my upgrade now on the Pre2 or pray and wait for the Pre3. I like the physical keyboard so the stingray or w/e touchscreen only isn't of interest to me.
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    My original Pre- on Bell finally bit it this weekend. Got the touchscreen stopped working after getting a static electric zap after going down a kids plastic slide if you can believe it.

I'm getting a replacement Pre- to hold me over until the Pre3 comes to Bell (fingers crossed).

Any suggestions migrating to a new Pre? Never having done this before, I plan on firing up the new Pre, hopefully get my apps and data pulled in without too much work, and then copying over my Save/Restore info from the old phone and restoring. Any pitfalls to avoid? Thanks!
    original and i'm not the type to return something for every little thing but mine isn't exactly in good shape. quite a few broken things.
    I hate to admit this because it makes me look like such a looser for sticking with Palm (it's Palm till I get a phone that says otherwise!).

14 phones including the one I have.

My first one lasted about 3 months till the Oreo thingy drove me to drink.

The second one lasted the longest, maybe 18 months.

Then the rest came and went very quickly.

My favorite was the one that took Sprint a week to get then never made it out the door of the store - amazing.

Now, I've taking to doing my own repairs: Power Button, Bad Space Bar, Clogged Wired Headphone / Mic, etc....

Apparently, my loyalty / stupidity knows no bounds.

- Patrick
    My repetitive preminus replacements stopped when I put my sprint comm board into a Pre2.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    My repetitive preminus replacements stopped when I put my sprint comm board into a Pre2.
    I hate people like you with their little tiny screwdrivers and their creativeness.

Let me guess, you have great eye sight and your hands don't shake!

I have two words for you and they're not 'let's dance'!

- Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    I hate people like you with their little tiny screwdrivers and their creativeness.

Let me guess, you have great eye sight and your hands don't shake!

I have two words for you and they're not 'let's dance'!

- Patrick
    The folks at WebOS World | Welcome to the world of webOS! can make you one too and for a good price.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    6 times, until I just gave up and replaced it with an iPhone 4 =)
    I'm on my 5th Pre... I started June 09. I'm DONE with the Pre... Going Android this weekend.
    wow, only 40% got the original pre. I am sure it's not an accurate survey but this is really bad. People blaming on bad market or Apple or Verizon, but I think webOS failed due to such a bad device. It's lemon! HP has to overcome this mishap from Palm, and build the good product.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    wow, only 40% got the original pre. I am sure it's not an accurate survey but this is really bad.
    keep in mind there is also no question about the average length of ownership, which distorts the accuracy as well. there's also the selection bias of putting this up on a pre website and who is more/less likely to answer the question.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast