Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. Demick514's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #1  
    hey I just got my 4th palm pre brand new and I log into my profile.. And all my apps have an error trying to re instal and also when I try to instal new apps they always fail...
  2. Demick514's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #2  
    btw I got version 1.4.5 on bell mobility network
  3. #3  
    Check the top app in your My Apps list. If it's a blank square, you'll need to reset the Pre with Erase Apps & Data. Had this happen to me before, no other way.
  4. #4  
    I had this problem too...and someone on here said that it may be an issue with Bell...when I tried installing apps over wifi it works fine...I have tried it on a couple occasions now, switching between wifi and the data plan and it only fails when i try it without wifi...I never thought of that since I never have the wifi turned on and just use my data plan all of the time. My problems started occurring at roughly the same time as you.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by demick514 View Post
    btw I got version 1.4.5 on bell mobility network
    Switch to wifi if possible and they will download. In another thread it was reported that a phone call was made to palm service and there is a problem with the BellM network and being able to download apps from the catalogue!! I am not to sure what the problem is but I also have ran into this, the catalogue uploads fine to me and everything is displayed correctly but just can't download an app from it?? Wifi downloads it no problem.
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. #6  
    If i recall correctly Bell is a CDMA carrier, right?

    Have you updated your PRL since you received your new phone? I don't have that carrier, but Google says: Phone app -> Preferences -> update PRL.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    If i recall correctly Bell is a CDMA carrier, right?

    Have you updated your PRL since you received your new phone? I don't have that carrier, but Google says: Phone app -> Preferences -> update PRL.
    Yes, that is correct!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. #8  
    I had a spontaneous problem when I rebooted my Pre and it said I wasn't logged into my Palm Profile this morning. I logged back in, none of my apps worked anymore, all saying the download failed. I tried the above suggestion, updating the PRL, but it wasn't successful. Is this truly a problem with Bell Mobility? I've never had problems with apps before on their network since I got my Pre in Oct 2009!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by demick514 View Post
    btw I got version 1.4.5 on bell mobility network
    I'm in the exact same boat as you.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    If i recall correctly Bell is a CDMA carrier, right?

    Have you updated your PRL since you received your new phone? I don't have that carrier, but Google says: Phone app -> Preferences -> update PRL.
    I did. Could'nt do it successfully until I used wi-fi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruaidhri View Post
    I had a spontaneous problem when I rebooted my Pre and it said I wasn't logged into my Palm Profile this morning. I logged back in, none of my apps worked anymore, all saying the download failed. I tried the above suggestion, updating the PRL, but it wasn't successful. Is this truly a problem with Bell Mobility? I've never had problems with apps before on their network since I got my Pre in Oct 2009!
    The palm rep I have chatted with say it's an issue on the carrier's end (bell). The Bell rep I have spoken too indirectly say that some phone have that issue, he's pointing at HP.

    In my case, my facebook app started to lag 2 days ago so I decided to delete and reinstall it. I couldnt reinstall it. (download failed). So I decided to reboot my phone and when it rebooted it said there wasnt a palm profile associated with the phone. I had to click "use profile" and log back in. It reinstalled fine but all my apps icons had a moon and exclamation mark on the top right corner. All attempts to reinstall failed. I have then tried EVERYTHING!! Even wiping the phone which failed to fix the issues so I reinstalled the entire operating system with webOS doctor and was pretty confident this would fix everything.

    I was so wrong!!

    Still not downloading apps but downloads them fine with wi-fi.
    Also, it seems that my profile doesnt do the palm "synergy", my calendar is fine but all my contacts dont show pictures anymore. (which are taken from facebook).

    My phone is at most 45 days old and never had an issue til 2 days ago. I hope they fix this soon, or replace my phone. Never had an issue with my BBerry through rogers.

    It also appears that when I plug my phonme through USB that the media sync option is gone. (??)

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruaidhri View Post
    I had a spontaneous problem when I rebooted my Pre and it said I wasn't logged into my Palm Profile this morning. I logged back in, none of my apps worked anymore, all saying the download failed. I tried the above suggestion, updating the PRL, but it wasn't successful. Is this truly a problem with Bell Mobility? I've never had problems with apps before on their network since I got my Pre in Oct 2009!
    I have not called Palm/HP myself but here is a number you could call for technical support (1-866-219-7445) then when you get to options go #2 i believe for technical support!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer96 View Post
    In my case, my facebook app started to lag 2 days ago so I decided to delete and reinstall it. I couldnt reinstall it. (download failed).
    I have the same problems as everyone else. Noticed it about two weeks ago when an update for the precentral app came out and I tried to update it. Update failed. I assumed it was something about the update that messed it up.

    About a week ago I noticed everything start to lag(like the facebook app).

    Last night I was trying to figure out the failed thing and all of a sudden it said I was logged out of my profile. Told me to restart my phone. I did, and had to re-login to my palm profile - meanwhile losing all of my contact information and a bunch of tweaks I made with preware(though some of the tweaks are still enabled), and all app data.
    I can download over wifi, but not with data like the rest.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebnunn View Post
    I have the same problems as everyone else. Noticed it about two weeks ago when an update for the precentral app came out and I tried to update it. Update failed. I assumed it was something about the update that messed it up.

    About a week ago I noticed everything start to lag(like the facebook app).

    Last night I was trying to figure out the failed thing and all of a sudden it said I was logged out of my profile. Told me to restart my phone. I did, and had to re-login to my palm profile - meanwhile losing all of my contact information and a bunch of tweaks I made with preware(though some of the tweaks are still enabled), and all app data.
    I can download over wifi, but not with data like the rest.
    What os are you running 1.4.5 or 2.x and who is your carrier??
    Last edited by shabby71; 04/09/2011 at 02:49 PM.
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #13  
    latest for bell is 1.4.5
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    What os are you running 1.4.4 or 2.x and who is your carrier??
    Bell 1.4.5...
  15. #15  
    The palm tech rep team has called me back. They're saying it's a week old issue and that bell and themselves are working to solve the issue. They couldnt say how long it would take (yikes) but that they would call me back once solved.

    My contacts still dont grab pictures from my facebook account like it used to even after removing and putting back the account. Anyone else?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer96 View Post
    The palm tech rep team has called me back. They're saying it's a week old issue and that bell and themselves are working to solve the issue. They couldnt say how long it would take (yikes) but that they would call me back once solved.

    My contacts still dont grab pictures from my facebook account like it used to even after removing and putting back the account. Anyone else?
    Actually, my contacts have synced my facebook account better than it had been before. It's pulling pictures from Facebook that it hadn't before the problem started.

    Still dealing with the app issue, though, and hoping that tech rep calls you back soon!
  17. #17  
    You should call em too, put pressure on em. I'm not sure what the phone number is as I used the chat with palm rep option and contacted bell thru phone but you may wanna try bell at 1-800-667-0123.

    It seems there isnt a palm phone number, just a online chat link which I cant\t post here just yet, replace hxxp by http:
    hxxp://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/bell/solutions/article/43473_en.html
    Last edited by Slayer96; 04/09/2011 at 12:39 PM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer96 View Post
    You should call em too, put pressure on em. I'm not sure what the phone number is as I used the chat with palm rep option and contacted bell thru phone but you may wanna try bell at 1-800-667-0123.

    It seems there isnt a palm phone number, just a online chat link which I cant\t post here just yet, replace hxxp by http:
    hxxp://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/bell/solutions/article/43473_en.html
    I have posted the # to palm tech service above, this is the number I used before when I had an issue with my screen when it spider cracked and they helped me out!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. #19  
    Thanks for the 1-866-219-7445 #
  20. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #20  
    Same problem here. Cannot download apps or updates unless I connect via WiFi.

    Bell Mobility Network - webOS 1.4.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions