1.    #1  
    I ran the (meta Dr) meta-sprint-pre 2.1.0 --wifi-only a new Pre did it wifi only .... activated and logged in to Palm Profile just fine....however not able to go on Sprints network no EV or 1x but have plenty of signal bars. Can't make or receive calls and same with texts ... Sprint of course has no clue ...like me on how to get on their network ...any ideas?
    is the correct ESN activated with sprint? Call customer service to confirm.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 04/03/2011 at 06:15 PM.
    That's because you ran it WiFi only...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    if the correct serial number is already showing active, he can just run gesture tutorial and log in to his real profile been if he started wifi. I've done that several times with stock webOS.
  5.    #5  
    by using "wifi only" it was the only way to log into the Palm profile as trying to do the meta Dr without wifi I couldn't log into my Sprint Palm profile...kept getting unable to login to Palm profile error....so went back to wifi only and was able to login and download everything including text messages. My first attempt at this I was able to make and receive calls etc but my contacts and memos etc didn't come down...and still no EV or 1x in the signal...
    Quote Originally Posted by mccinvco View Post
    I ran the (meta Dr) meta-sprint-pre 2.1.0 --wifi-only a new Pre did it wifi only .... activated and logged in to Palm Profile just fine....however not able to go on Sprints network no EV or 1x but have plenty of signal bars. Can't make or receive calls and same with texts ... Sprint of course has no clue ...like me on how to get on their network ...any ideas?
    Code:
    Note: Only use --wifi-only if you do not intend to have cellular service on the device as this option disables the modem update and renders cellular service inoperable without re-doctoring.
    Directly from webosinternals.org's webOS 2 Upgrade Guide
    So wait... Was the phone activated already or not before you meta-doctored? It's relevant.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    So wait... Was the phone activated already or not before you meta-doctored? It's relevant.
    The first time I did this it was wifi only and ran the first launch after getting a wifi connection, then logged into a non Sprint Palm profile(a new profile). Then ran the first launch again and logged into my Sprint Palm profile and that was successful excep didn't get the contacts, memos, text msgs, but could make and receive calls even though their was no EV or 1x....that was interesting. I wanted the the data of course so I was working with Sprint to get the data...they were of no assistance. Then I Webos doctored it back to 1.4.5m from Palm's website and then activated it with my non Sprint profile ( making sure my ESN and DEC info was consistant with what Sprint had). I had the EV and remember I was on my non Sprint Palm profile. So I meta-doctored it to 2.1.0 and (meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0) This time after activation and download of Sprint Palm profile there was no data again. I'm really after my data and of course I want to be on the Sprint network....ugh..
  9.    #9  
    Is their a way to enable modem updat without re-doctoring?