1.    #1  
    It seems a lot of people are upgrading their Pre minuses to 2.1 even though it seems like it creates a lot of lag and other problems. What exactly is there to gain from upgrading to 2.1? You can't use a lot of patches and apps, I hear the battery drains quickly and there's just a bunch of problems with it on the Pre-. What exactly is there to gain from upgrading to 2.1 and who honestly thinks it's worth it?
    I am using a Sprint Pre- with 2.1 on it... and I like it quite a bit. This subject has been discussed over and over though, so I assume you havent read many of the threads... people like the Just Type... they like the stacks... they like a lot of the small changes in functionality.

As for patches... the number is increasing pretty quicky... I personally dont have any problem with excessive battery drain. The pre has always had horrible battery life to begin with... and I dont use mine for games. As for lag... the only time I even really notice it is when I make a call and end up with one of those stupid automated menus, it doesnt seem to like punching new numbers in while in a call, and there can be a little lag that fools me into thinking i need to hit the number again.

You should really try reading all the other threads... theres been lots of worthwile commentary on the subject.
    pre minus 2.1 uberkernal. I like some of the little stuff but mostly like the spell checker function/auto correct. Also, I used my original palm profile when I upgraded to 2.1 and don't want to have to repurchase all my apps from the app catalog. I have read that the profile will not revert. Feeling sort of stuck but also enjoy tinkering so I get to do that alot
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    i got it too and all i can tell you is that when i first upgraded to 2.1 my messaging and app catalog app would lag a lot to the point of freezing my phone and it seemed to be getting better the firrst few days. just look at it this way. theres windows vista and theres windows xp... compare them both and you will see they have the same features but slightly different software look and webos 2.1 IMO does look a little different from 1.4 heres one other thing. i just took off uberkernel and instead went for AV8B harrier II 1.005GHz kernel and my pre- responded so well to it that all that frrzing and lag went away. i promise you my phone is 100% good now. the only problem and complain i have is that i couldnt download the speakerphone app from preware because my volume keys dont work lol. but im sure it'll be available later. other than that. i recommend it. i wouldnt recommend flash player tho because its not like we have an htc evo screen to enjoy the benefits of flash anyway. our pre screen is too small.
    Well, I upgraded for Koto Player. NaNplayer didn't have last.fm and Koto was 2.0 only. I love Koto and will stick for 2.1 for that reason alone.

I also like quick actions and sconix's new 2.0 Advanced patches. The accounts behavior is better and I like the phone app. I'm getting a bad ESN Pre+ for a comm swap (got it off ebay for $25) next week and that'll help with the memory, which is the only real problem 2.1 has on a Pre- for me.

The lack of updates for major apps that send to the calendar/contacts is the only other sucky part for me. YP, Where, Fandango, Flixster, etc. If anyone knows some 2.0 replacements, that'd be aweosme.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Now, lets not compare windows xp and the newer vista and say that it is like 1.4.5 and 2.x because xp is by far better than vista so you would be saying that 1.4.5 is infact better than 2.x(on a pre- or +) anyways. I simply think it is like overclocking - some phones can handle it and some can't same may apply to using 1.4.5 or 2.x!!
    I have a pre+ on sprint and upgraded just cuz I could. haven't noticed a lot of lag
    dont want to get off topic but vista has a better design. its my opinion and all im saying is that the look of webos 2.1 will look much better than 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Now, lets not compare windows xp and the newer vista and say that it is like 1.4.5 and 2.x because xp is by far better than vista so you would be saying that 1.4.5 is infact better than 2.x(on a pre- or +) anyways. I simply think it is like overclocking - some phones can handle it and some can't same may apply to using 1.4.5 or 2.x!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    My biggest improvement is battery life. I never have to charge my phone during the work day 9 hours or so. I use it moderately throughout the day ,checking mail, responding a few phone calls, some apps, mapping, and I leave my client with about 50-60% battery. i did not have that with 1.4.5.

biggest complaint though is the lag with unlocking, and phone lag where it is unresponsive. I use the av8B with sconix' stuff, except the phone app, i noticed it would not be able to make calls until i uninstalled the phone portion of sconix' advanced options.
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
    My biggest improvement is battery life. I never have to charge my phone during the work day 9 hours or so. I use it moderately throughout the day ,checking mail, responding a few phone calls, some apps, mapping, and I leave my client with about 50-60% battery. i did not have that with 1.4.5.

biggest complaint though is the lag with unlocking, and phone lag where it is unresponsive. I use the av8B with sconix' stuff, except the phone app, i noticed it would not be able to make calls until i uninstalled the phone portion of sconix' advanced options.
    i had this issue as well but it was because of downloading to many of his patches all at once and because you most likely downloaded two of the same patch . that happend to me and messed up the phone app . i suggest uninstalling the advanced apps and then in first the system pre. framework patch and then the phone pre patch. then follow one at a time making sure each one works after each install. then install the system menu framework patch . and dod the same test each one after install . this worked for me and they all work well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->