1.    #1  
    Okay, sprint pre, webos2.1, uberkernel @ 1GHz. The phone app will only dial out to voicemail and numbers outside my area code. when I try to dial any local number, the send button never turns red and the call doesn't connect. It acts like I didn't put a number in at all. I can receive calls fine. Before I updated to 2.1, the phone app worked fine.

Is this maybe a PRL issue? I've tried dialing the area code first, omitting the area code, dialing a 1 and the area code, nothing works.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    did you install any of the advanced patches? I did and had a similar issue. I erased the phone And system patch and all was good again. Hope this helps
  3.    #3  
    That worked, thanks.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Pre- w/2.1.0. I wish I had read this post. I started having problems with the phone on Thursday. Uninstalled the scionx patches, reinstalled them, but the phone still doesn't work.

Made the mistake of calling Sprint, where the tech support rep tried to remotely restore the phone to factory settings. But I didn't tell him I was running 2.1. So now I don't know if I'm supposed to run the doctor for 1.4.5 or 2.1.

Oh well, time to hit up ebay...
    I've had this issue twice and I don't know if it's related to the advance patches or the synergy messaging plugins. I'm going to avoid both of them for a while. Can't afford to be missing important calls. Did anyone else get this issue with both of these? FYI I had uninstalled the synergy messaging, but as I see with internals it still leaves changes after uninstalling.

After I uninstalled stuff my phone came back but my pre had been about 30-40% slower than usual... I confirmed this in webOS mark as well. After not being able to fix I'm doctoring.