Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77
  1. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #21  
    For those going back to 1.4.5. You can use your profile again. Just be sure to shut off backup in 2.1 and erase backups before you doctor.

    I used save/restore and then backed up my entire phone in USB mode. Then turned off backups and deleted all backups. Then doctor back to 1.4.5. Everything worked fine and all apps available through my profile. Save/restore just makes life easier. No need to save packaged in preware since you won't be using the same patches.
    Dan
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    I may hold out from doctoring back to 1.4.5 for the time being because the issues that I had have seemed to calm down for now!
    i really want to stay on 2.1 but in the last 2 weeks my phone has been having several problems that seemed to come from no where..

    -phone turns off on its own every few days(i thought it was because of UberKernal,but it happened a few times with original pre profile selected)
    -Data problems...(certain online modes just dont work anymore.yahoo messenger wont sign in unless its in wifi mode,GPS dont work,certain apps wont update.every now and then when i go to a website/Facebook its says my phone has no internet connection)
    - started getting "captive Portal" notifications,had to fix with a patch

    all of this just started happening for what seems to be no reason.For the first 3-4 weeks with webOS 2.1 my Pre- was running great,now its a shell of what it used to be. With 1.4.5 my phone was working flawlessly for over a year
    Last edited by veryape; 04/03/2011 at 07:15 PM.
  3. #23  
    My Verizon Pre Plus has been running perfectly on 2.1. I dont have connection problems and I even installed Flash which works just how it should. The only thing I notice is the messaging app problem which seems to be the same case for everyone. Overall, I feel it runs smoother and I think my battery lasts a little longer. When I was on 1.4.5 It didnt take very long for my battery to drop 50%. Now in the same amount of time it gets to maybe 80%. Maybe its just the version of the doctor.
  4. forcvcr's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #24  
    i keep getting an error whenever i try to go back to 1.4.5, it says doctor cant reset my phone.
  5. bimmer007's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    I may hold out from doctoring back to 1.4.5 for the time being because the issues that I had have seemed to calm down for now!
    Yep it's like herpes - calm for now but you betcha it'll be back!!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer007 View Post
    Yep it's like herpes - calm for now but you betcha it'll be back!!
    I hope not because it is all very anoying!!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    For those going back to 1.4.5. You can use your profile again. Just be sure to shut off backup in 2.1 and erase backups before you doctor.

    I used save/restore and then backed up my entire phone in USB mode. Then turned off backups and deleted all backups. Then doctor back to 1.4.5. Everything worked fine and all apps available through my profile. Save/restore just makes life easier. No need to save packaged in preware since you won't be using the same patches.
    Oh that is great to know and thanks for the insight. Actually, I need to see about rebuilding my 2.1 and reinstalling clean on my Pre- and see if that fixes things or at least corrects some problems with the Camera (my only major problem). Either way, thanks for the insight and I'll keep your notes handy just in case I need to go back. Sorli...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    i keep getting an error whenever i try to go back to 1.4.5, it says doctor cant reset my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    just to be certain, since i doctored to 2.1 with my sprint pre minus, and used my original palm profile, If I go back to 1.4.5 I will have to create a new profile and will lose all the apps I have purchased. I have contacts and calender through google, and use save/restore for most everything else.
    I've read that its a case by case deal whether or not you can go back from 2.1 to your 1.4.5 profile. I've done it 3 times already, and had no issues. If you are feeling adventurous (and i'm assuming you are since you went to 2.1 :P) do a FULL ERASE and turn off Backups after making the proper backups of your stuff and redoctor back to 1.4.5
  9. forcvcr's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTolsonator View Post
    I've read that its a case by case deal whether or not you can go back from 2.1 to your 1.4.5 profile. I've done it 3 times already, and had no issues. If you are feeling adventurous (and i'm assuming you are since you went to 2.1 :P) do a FULL ERASE and turn off Backups after making the proper backups of your stuff and redoctor back to 1.4.5
    ill try that, thank you!
  10. #30  
    sprint pre- 2.1 here. No issues whatsoever other than the fact that some of my favorite patches aren't compatible yet. Other then that, no lag. In fact, its faster and more responsive than 1.4.5. Something about 2.1 makes the phone feel and look smoother. Cleaner if you will. Less battery usage too. I'm really feeling 2.1 right now....
  11.    #31  
    This morning I got up went to my phone and again- having internet connection issues, so see you later "HP" boot logo and hello "PALM" boot logo I have missed ya!! Doctor back to 1.4.5 went with no problems it took about 15 min. booted back up signed into my profile and then all was good to go.
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. #32  
    For those having NO trouble on 2.1...what kernel are you using? I have also been thinking about going back...constant lag and freezing...using Uberkernel and have tried various settings and the other kernels. 800 fixed seems the best so far, but even with that I get lags. Driving me nuts. I don't care about flash, so other than the fact that I like the way the launcher looks, I don't know of any reason to stay on 2.1.

    Advice? Opinions?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  13. #33  
    i'm using the Uberkernal and i'm clocked at 500/1000 screenstate. Runs brilliantly. Fast, smooth and effective. I get ZERO lag on my phone. Had more lag on 1.4.5 than on 2.1.

    Too bad your doctoring back. 2.1 is sooooo much more than just flash, stackable cards and auto correct. The upgraded enhancements makes me want to never, ever go back to 1.4.5.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    i'm using the Uberkernal and i'm clocked at 500/1000 screenstate. Runs brilliantly. Fast, smooth and effective. I get ZERO lag on my phone. Had more lag on 1.4.5 than on 2.1.

    Too bad your doctoring back. 2.1 is sooooo much more than just flash, stackable cards and auto correct. The upgraded enhancements makes me want to never, ever go back to 1.4.5.
    What enhancements? That's what I need to know...I don't wanna revert back and then realize the differences..lol The three you mention don't matter to me, really....so other than a couple of things looking *prettier*...

    Also, do you have alot of patches? Not sure why that would slow anything down, but I do have tons. I ran EPR this morning and I'm gonna install just the few that I can't live without...and see if that helps..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  15. #35  
    I got well over 125 patches on my phone. The interface is just much better. You can tell HP had their hands in it. Plus, a lot of the patches on 1.4.x is now incorporated in 2.1's hardware. Just Type feature is a handy tool as well. The Exhibition feature is awesome. Voice Dial is really cool. Plus, all your text, contacts and calls are now backed up on the Palm Profile. So when another update hits, you dont have to do what I was doing to get all that info back, which was retrieve the DB file then send it back via QI. Finally, just a smoother looking system. It also appears that a lot of corrections were made. Corrections that were needed on 1.4.5. Also, switching from app to app seems to be a smoother transition than it was on 1.4.5. it's not for everyone I guess. But in my opinion, I would look to try to get 2.1 on your phone, or wait for the HP phone releases that will have it already installed. No mess...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I got well over 125 patches on my phone. The interface is just much better. You can tell HP had their hands in it. Plus, a lot of the patches on 1.4.x is now incorporated in 2.1's hardware. Just Type feature is a handy tool as well. The Exhibition feature is awesome. Voice Dial is really cool. Plus, all your text, contacts and calls are now backed up on the Palm Profile. So when another update hits, you dont have to do what I was doing to get all that info back, which was retrieve the DB file then send it back via QI. Finally, just a smoother looking system. It also appears that a lot of corrections were made. Corrections that were needed on 1.4.5. Also, switching from app to app seems to be a smoother transition than it was on 1.4.5. it's not for everyone I guess. But in my opinion, I would look to try to get 2.1 on your phone, or wait for the HP phone releases that will have it already installed. No mess...
    What carrier are you on?
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. #37  
    Sprint
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    Sprint
    I personally think that it may be a problem with 2.x running on the BellM Pre- itself!!
  19. #39  
    lmao..... i was thinking the same too and look at me now... i have a pre- for almost 2 years now. i tried all the kernels. i upgraded to 2.1 and now im running the sr71 on 1.2ghz...holy.....it can't get any faster than this. my pre- had no prob with the 1.2ghz and its running great now. messaging app is now stable and all i can say is i feel bad for those of you that got a defective pre-(lmao) and that 2.1 was never meant for those of you with weaker pre's. don't go back people. i would suggest going for the 1.1ghz first before going for the 1.2ghz. my pre is flying now.
  20.    #40  
    And you will probably end up burning up your phone befor I do!! LMAO
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions