1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I've had my Pre for a while (Sprint) and someone just told me I could overclock it. Never even thought about it before. After some research I couldn't find one real way to do it. I wanted to know if anyone had the best route and if so could they get me some guidance. One article through knowyoucell.com had step by step instructions, but I couldn't get to filebin.ca to do them so I could really use some help. Much appreciated.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Hello everyone. I've had my Pre for a while (Sprint) and someone just told me I could overclock it. Never even thought about it before. After some research I couldn't find one real way to do it. I wanted to know if anyone had the best route and if so could they get me some guidance. One article through knowyoucell.com had step by step instructions, but I couldn't get to filebin.ca to do them so I could really use some help. Much appreciated.
    If you read through http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html and all the links it contains, you should find all the information you need.
    Install the Preware Homebrew Documentation app from the official app catalog - it has step by step instructions for overclocking your device.

-- Rod
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys! Got it done! If you would be so kind, I have a couple of other questions. First, does the uberkernel app stay from now on, this area is not my strong suit? Secondly, I went with the 500/800 speeds; what do you all recommend? Finally, are there any other things that are cool that you would recommend putting on there-besides free tether that I did? Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Thanks guys! Got it done! If you would be so kind, I have a couple of other questions. First, does the uberkernel app stay from now on, this area is not my strong suit? Secondly, I went with the 500/800 speeds; what do you all recommend? Finally, are there any other things that are cool that you would recommend putting on there-besides free tether that I did? Thanks again!
    Look in the WebOS Internals sub-forum stickied posts.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #6  
    Thanks again! I love that my phone isn't laggy anymore. The newest problem I'm having is that my battery drains extremely quick. Any suggestions on this? Thanks again.
    What os are you using 1.4.5 or 2.x. Also what are your settings for the likes of email, facebook, your screen brightness etc. You can look under the tips and tricks forum also there is a lot on tips to help save battery drain. Also install battery saver so you can schedule your phone to sleep when not in use.
  8.    #8  
    I'm using 1.4.5. I have the facebook ap and email set up but my brightness is around a 1/4. Thanks.