1.    #1  
    Several apps on my Palm Pre (Bell) were failing to update so I thought it would be a good idea to restart my device. I WAS WRONG!

When I restarted my phone reset. After resyncing with my Palm profile there are no apps on my device and they are all failing to download. So much for my 'smart' phone.

The problem appears very similar to the one experienced back in May 2010 in a thread called ""Install Failed" For every app"

Any one else having the same issue? Any recommended solutions!?

Thanksssssss
    I had this problem after switching devices. The only fix was to delete all 37 stuck apps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion, fishguy.
    I tried deleting the apps but it still displays the 'download failed' message when I try to re-install.
    Also, I'm unable to install new apps from the App Catalog. So frustrating!
  4.    #4  
    I performed a full erase and I'm still not able to download any apps... does anyone know what the heck is wrong with my phone?
    Do the apps appear in your catalog?
    Where were both phones first activated?
    The problem may lay in the following:
    The first phone was activated in certain country with certain carrier, and the second one was first activated with another carrier. There is a (silly and stupid in certain opinions) restriction on several markets depending on the FIRST activation information of your phone.

So, even if you managed to buy apps with your first phone which was FIRST activated on certain country/network combination, it's not a guarantee for you to get all your apps back, moreover if you switched carriers/country of FIRST activation.

I capitalize FIRST because it the only thing that matters, the first activation on your phone determines your app catalog access permissions, and there's nothing you can do about it except for returning your phone and change it for warranty, then go to the first place you activated the previous phone and activate it there.

It's a stupid thing, but that's the way it is, and we don't know if HP will change this.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6.    #6  
    Update:
    Connecting to wifi allowed me to download the apps. I still cannot download when on regular phone service, however.
    At this point I am thinking it is a problem with my service provider (Bell). When I get the chance I will talk to them and see what's up.

Thanks everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomreidwilson View Post
    Update:
    Connecting to wifi allowed me to download the apps. I still cannot download when on regular phone service, however.
    At this point I am thinking it is a problem with my service provider (Bell). When I get the chance I will talk to them and see what's up.

Thanks everyone!
    Do you have any kind of network access on your phone? E.g., does the browser work while on Cell Data?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Me and my wife are both having the same issue. Doctored her pre and nothing downloads still. On Bell, downloading was fine up until thursday of last week. Really really ****ing me off. Hope bell addresses this..
    Same here, if I go wireless then downloads are fine, but otherwise nothing instals from the App Catalogue on Bell. One more year of contract with these bozos...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

I'm on bell and having the same problem. Must be a problem on Bell's end.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomreidwilson View Post
    Update:

Thanks everyone!
    Did you get a chance to talk with them?
  12. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Same problem here - Bell - works on Wifi and fails over cell data. Other connections work over cell data, just not the download of apps (old or new).
    I said this in another thread, but Plickr is behaving the same way. It connects to Flickr fine over wi-fi, but won't over the Bell network.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

It's a bell problem, there's another thread now, I can't post links yet. the title is apps not downloading. same issue.