1.    #1  
    i go to sound settings and i cant increase the volume on speaker while listening to music or on a call. its got the 'system' 'ringtone' and 'media' sound levels but it doesnt have any for my speaker or mp3. the speakerphone app from preware cant install on my pre 2.1 so what other options do i have?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    i go to sound settings and i cant increase the volume on speaker while listening to music or on a call. its got the 'system' 'ringtone' and 'media' sound levels but it doesnt have any for my speaker or mp3. the speakerphone app from preware cant install on my pre 2.1 so what other options do i have?
    The media sound level should be what controls the loudness of your external speaker.

Is it possible that your headphone jack is stuck? This is a problem with the Pre+/- devices... You can download the app "Ghastly Headset" to see what status your headphone port is in. Also search this forum for stuck headphone jack threads.
  3.    #3  
    oh i put speaker at the end when it should be "Option" ... but no media only controls videos. i know with speakerphone app i could control it but now that i upgraded to 2.1 it says it cant install anymore.
    Those 2 are all you need, if you want it to go above 100% then you need to download a patch. Forget the name but it does work but are at much greater risk of blowing the loud speaker. Which I have done 3 times now.

I say if this is a huge problem and need it for work then you need a different phone.
    u change media volume only when the media player is playing. On a call, you are adjusting the call volume. Close both apps and now you are adjusting the ringer volume. I don't like that design, but until a homebrewer builds a better interface...
  6.    #6  
    so u are sayin i should use the ringer volume now?
  7.    #7  
    nope it still doesnt work, just tried it :/
    while music is playing, the volume buttons should raise the volume. Are you saying that your volume button has stopped working at all?
  9.    #9  
    yes i forgot to mention that. my volume buttons are completely broken. for 1.4 i had the preware speakerphone app but after upgrading to webos 2.1 i go to preware to download speakerphone app and it says ipk error downloading it so am i really out of options? all i need it for is to increase my speaker volume while on a call
    oh, well there is your problem.

get quick system tasks or use the advanced framework patch and you will get easy access to volume like you did with the speakerphone app.

and you should have the volume button repaired. Gonna need those some day.
  11.    #11  
    i did but i dont see the speaker volume option and that sucks for me a lot. oh well