Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi -

My phone has a weird text message problem which is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I receive a text, but instead of text it is just a bunch of rectangles. It happens specifically very often with one contact, and occasionally with others.

What is this? How can I fix / avoid this happening? Does anybody else have this problem?

I'd like to note currently my pre+ is running completely stock, no patches or anything (i completely wiped/doctored it a few weeks ago for other reasons). I'm on Verizon, but this issue has happened when texting both Verizon & ATT people.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Have you figured this one out? I have one specific person that this happens with - and NOBODY else. In another thread, someone said that the 4x3 launcher patch was the problem. He doctored his Pre- and the problem went away for awhile - until he started adding patches back and found the 4x3 launch icons were to blame. Removed the patch again and the problem went away. I haven't tried that yet but curious if you figured your problem out - its identical to mine.
    Kilroy was here.
    This also happened on the original Pre, when the person sending the text was using language or font packs the webOS couldn't recognize. I'm not sure if a fix was ever found and, being unfamiliar with the Veer, I'm just going on guesswork.
    I sometimes get this when the VZW text service cannot process or accept the specifc type of characters sent by the sender.

I tried to send upside down text to my wide using the text morpher app to m wife's iphone or even freaker text to myself.