1.    #1  
    My data connection only seem to be working on some things but not other. I can get onto the web and precentral forums but not onto facebook. On all of these I am using my bellmobile data because I am not near wifi. I can't seem to figure this one out. Any suggestions, please??
  2.    #2  
    Also, I can't get into the app catalogue. When I try to I get an error saying that I must conect to a wifi network in order for this app to work?? Any help please!!
    The same thing append to me yesterday data with Facebook not working but I have tried Meteo and WEB on data it was OK!!! It's a new problem because everythig was OK on data before yesterday. Another thing append yesterday, notification about captive portal at every 3 minutes i have installed the patch to disable theses notification that the only thing I have done, is it that???
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    are you on a phone that is activated on a voice carrier? start troubleshooting by opening the phone app and checking to see if you have data and roaming enabled.
    I was having problems with app catalog last night as well, might not be a phone thing. Also, I think the facebook app sometimes corrupts the network stack, especially if you leave it open for awhile. Usually for me I can close the app, toggle airplane mode, restart the app and it works...for awhile. HP really needs to spend some time upgrading the fb app.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    I had that exact same problem that started yesterday morning with the captive portal, since then I installed the patch to disable that from popping up every 2 minutes or less. Now having the connection problems. Are you with Bell?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you on a phone that is activated on a voice carrier? start troubleshooting by opening the phone app and checking to see if you have data and roaming enabled.
    I am with BellM and I have Data usage switched to on but not roaming. The reason I don't roam is because I border the US and when I pick up one of those towers I get hit hard with a bill. Under voice network I have the option for BellM only or automatic, what does automatic mean????
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    I was having problems with app catalog last night as well, might not be a phone thing. Also, I think the facebook app sometimes corrupts the network stack, especially if you leave it open for awhile. Usually for me I can close the app, toggle airplane mode, restart the app and it works...for awhile. HP really needs to spend some time upgrading the fb app.

Thank's

I have done what you said, when I open Facebook, cannot connect, minimize FB, activate PLane mode, wait, desactivate Plane mode, return in facebook, close it and reopen it and now it's working
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Hi guys,

I had a chat with the Palm Pre Canada Support and they say there is currently an issue that prevents users on the Bell Network to update/download applications from the App Catalog. However, while on WIFI it's working fine.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaallis View Post
    Hi guys,

I had a chat with the Palm Pre Canada Support and they say there is currently an issue that prevents users on the Bell Network to update/download applications from the App Catalog. However, while on WIFI it's working fine.
    Thanks for sharing this info!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!