1.    #1  
    Hi community.

2 Weeks ago, I upgrade my O2 Palm Pre Plus with official Doctor to WebOS 2.1.0.
    At frist, everything went good. I liked the new WebOS.
    I had preware and some patches installed, along with Govnah and the "official" Uberkernel running at 500Mhz but undervolted.

But, on the second or third day running, my phone got lagging and it got stuck. I had to pull out the battery.
    And that behavoir repeats every second day. Phone gets laggy and show "too many cards" error and I had to reboot it.

I observered memory/swap usage in Govnah. A reboot starts with around 360 MB memory usage. It gets up to 480 MB usage, then swaps around 100 MB in Swap. When memory is again at 480-490 MB, phone gets laggy and shows TMC Error. Then reboot and start over again.

I removed UK, Govnah and all patches. Still every second day Pre has TMC error or gets stuck.
    So I re-doctor-ed WebOS without any preware, patches or betas or anything.

But still, Pre runs for 2 day okay and then freezes. I even noticed, when the TMC error shows, I am not getting phone calls anymore! And there battery gets drained rapidly when memory was swapped and is stuffed again.

Is anybody experiencing the same? Is there a Fix?
    Am I having an hardware issue? Everything was running fine on 1.4.5.
    Mine isn't freezing per se, but I have had issues a couple of times when using with the touchstone in the car where the phone no longer responds to touch actions; it responds to swipes and the gesture area, but not single taps. This is a lag issue and might be caused by Spotify, but I never get TMC. Haven't had a TMC error since 2009. How many cards do you usually have open?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I hade this problem, and yesterday my Pre was running very slow even with 1GHz kernel installed, I tried all options like removing files on USB portion, removing patches, changing to another kernel, full erease, doctore again with no luck! It becomes too slow even after doctoring and I thought that my Pre dying!! But I doctored back to WebOS 1.4.5 and my Pre back to life again!
    I understand now why palm/hp didn't release webos 2.1.0 for Pre- ... And I now understand that webos 1.4.5 is the best/fast for pre- and I love it ... Webos 2.1.0 needs to buy Pre2 or above
    I use the reboot scheduler for a daily reboot at night. You may also reduce the compcache.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks to all for your reply.

I usually have 3 to 5 open cards. Like Messaging, Calender, EMail, Web and Facebook.
    With a fresh rebooted Pre I once opened up 45 ! cards. No problems.
    But after a day running, I get the first TMC Errors.

A daily reboot would be a workaround for sure. But I donīt like rebooting my device. I am afraid, that I have a hardware issue.
    So, right now, I am thinking about doctoring back to 1.4.5, like amjz did, or having my device returned to my shop for having it repaired.
    I'm actually having this very same phone freezing issue, but I'm on a VZW Pre+. It's been happening every once in a while (every few days maybe) but today it happened on two consecutive phone calls. I don't know what's causing it, but if it keeps happening I may have to give up on 2.1 ... and I really, really don't want to do that

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
    I'm on a VZW Pre+ and mine is spinning like it was meant to run 2.1 from day 1.
    As I said a daily reboot is a work around. You may want to look into this post as well http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ap-memory.html
    I have the same problems with my Pre-, maybe worst.
    I also detected, that when I'm doing something with multimedia, it gets worst much much early. Sometimes I'm getting nearly no response from phone. Tapping on screen results to, that it reacts on that after near 30 seconds or more with freezed screen. I have also problem with usability of messaging app for example. Opening that takes more time, than on 1.4.5 and conversation with someone I communicate really often (so there is some amount of messages) can take more than 30 seconds to open! All on overclocked kernel (800MHz & 30MB compcache)! Terrible! Only reason, that I'm still at 2.1 is, that it supports SIMToolkit (FINALLY! after two years of development! ) and I need it. Without that, I'm totally ready to go back to 1.4.5..

Here is visible result of bloating java-like programming. 800MHz, 256MB ram isn't enough for so simple things like making a phone call, send message or listen to music without drops and slowing down phone to unusefull state. :/ Both OS versions are buggy as hell, but 1.4.5 is still usable. I'm really more and more dissaponted with direction of todays mobile phone maket (because Android & iPhone isn't even better in anything...)