1.    #1  
    does anybody have this problem? it seems that the messaging app makes my phone lag a lot to the point of freezing for a few seconds. and also at the top left corner instead of saying sprint it says "searching" does anybody know what the problem might be?
    The messaging problem is a common thing. Don't know what the "searching" thing is.
  3.    #3  
    will there be a fix for the messaging app? and as for the searching on top i dont know why it's showing up. it doesnt go away anymore. i can receive calls and messages but im just wondering why it appeared instead of saying sprint
    Im not sure if there will be a fix. I dont even know what causes the problem. Im not sure if this is a problem for people who got Palm issued 2.1 updates as well or just the meta doctor updates. Im on Verizon and dont know what the "searching" means. Do sprint phones usually get a "searching" up there sometimes?
  5.    #5  
    well it searches for the sprint signal i guess and then it says sprint at the top left corner. but this time it says searching.... and searching..... and it just stays like that. i can receive calls, texts, as well as do everything on it but i dont know why the searching doesnt go away. and yea i can browse the net, n use ther apps fine but once i open my message app it starts to lag n freeze my whole phone....
    Well as long as you can actually make calls and send messages and use data, I guess you're good. The message app though is a common thing and I dont know if its something being looked into or not.
  7.    #7  
    but if it says searching is it searching for sprint? it just did it today. the worst thing is, i dont have PRL on me pre 2.1
    I dont know. I have Verizon, I have never seen it say searching up on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    but if it says searching is it searching for sprint? it just did it today. the worst thing is, i dont have PRL on me pre 2.1
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rl-update.html
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I have noticed this too since updating my Pre Plus to 2.1. I'm also running Uberkernel. Messaging App seems consistenly slow compared to other programs. I notice it sometimes has issues switching off between the mobile network and wifi. When this happens you get signed out from Google Talk and can't sign back in. Requires a Luna restart. Also, when I get messages on Google Talk, the message shows up at the bottom as a notification but the first few characters will be garbled for a moment, then when the message banner shows up everything is fine. Not a big deal but there are definitely some glitches with the messaging app in 2.1. Overall, I still like 2.1 better than 1.4.5. I doubt these will get fixed unless it's by the homebrew community. HP has clearly moved on from the Pre and Pre Plus. I'm holding out for a Pre 3 now.
  11.    #11  
    why dnt the developers mention the messaging app lag?
    well it searches for the sprint signal i guess and then it says sprint at the top left corner. but this time it says searching.... and searching..... and it just stays like that. i can receive calls, texts, as well as do everything on it but i dont know why the searching doesnt go away. and yea i can browse the net, n use ther apps fine but once i open my message app it starts to lag n freeze my whole phone....
    I had that last week and the only thing that cleared it (for me) was a full reboot.

Dont know the cause though.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    why dnt the developers mention the messaging app lag?
    Well if its something that happens with palm issued 2.1 updates, then its just the update and not homebrew.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  14.    #14  
    ok the searching... went away now. but the lag on message app is still there. will the sr71 or F105 work better than uberkernel?