Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im trying to get the f105 but its not on preware. is there a way to get it through webos QI? i know it says its in the testing feeds but how do i get? i would appreciate it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    im trying to get the f105 but its not on preware. is there a way to get it through webos QI? i know it says its in the testing feeds but how do i get? i would appreciate it a lot.
    What type of device do you have (pre-, pre+, or pre2) and what version of webos are you using?
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3.    #3  
    i have the original pre(1st generation) and upgraded to 2.1 and i got the 1GHZ but i want to try the 1.2ghz. its not on preware so i was wondering how to get it or what i need to do.
    Add the webOS Kernels Testing feed. Check the wiki for instructions on how to do so.
    Note that this is one of those things that might melt your Pre.
  5.    #5  
    might melt? have there been reports of people going through that? i thought it was safe to upgrade to 1.2 ghz. it even saifd it was available on preware
  6.    #6  
    do you have the link for the webos kernel testing feed?
    might melt? have there been reports of people going through that? i thought it was safe to upgrade to 1.2 ghz. it even saifd it was available on preware
    I tried that kernel...got a boot loop as a result. Had to redoctor..

On the Pre- I would definitely stick to 1g or lower..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  8.    #8  
    ok ill follow your advice and trust you guys. shouuld i still install the webos testing feeds on preware or its not recommended?
    I put 1.2 on my recently tested pre- with webos 2.1 installed because its eatting through my battery like a madman (webos 2.1). I noticed better battery results personally w/ 1.2 w/ the scaling ondemand cpu, but wonder if no having compcache enabled & webos 2.1 will make it slower. I definately notice a lag a lot more often on 2.1 vs 1.4.5, either way I can live w/ it.
    ok ill follow your advice and trust you guys. shouuld i still install the webos testing feeds on preware or its not recommended?
    Yeah do that...there are a couple of other kernels at 1g...they aren't "stable", but I haven't had more than lag happen. Now I'm back to the Uberkernel trying to find a good balance...I get constant lag and freezing. I'm pert-near ready to go back to 1.4.5..
    honestly man, try reading through the SR71 thread. It answers a ton of questions that you might have along with what potential problems you might come across and how to resolve them. If youre not willing to do that, stick with uberkernel (or whatever kernels popping up in preware)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    honestly man, try reading through the SR71 thread. It answers a ton of questions that you might have along with what potential problems you might come across and how to resolve them. If youre not willing to do that, stick with uberkernel (or whatever kernels popping up in preware)
    +1
  13.    #13  
    SR17 thread? where is it at?
  14.    #14  
    any sprint pre- users with the sr71 kernel on their phone? i want to know how it went for u as well
    SR17 thread? where is it at?
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. I hate to be that guy, but use the forums search. It exists for a reason. If you can't find that thread, dont bother trying to overclock.
    any sprint pre- users with the sr71 kernel on their phone? i want to know how it went for u as well
    About I mentioned I put sr71 on a test pre w/ 2.1 and have it on my Sprint account now w/ a temp/backup profile I made (to not disturb my main account until I tested it out). I have sr71 on & it seems faster than when I had the 500/1000 running.

With all the features I need working now, I believe after 1 more day of testing I am going to reset this phone & login to my main profile. Its just going to be hard not having the patch to view 4x5icons :-/ The icons look soooo huge.
  17.    #17  
    thats true. i miss my 5 by 4 icons. but it seems faster for sure? and do you plan on keeping it?
  18.    #18  
    anyone else using the sr71 on sprint pre- ?
    A couple of things:

- F105, SR71 are experimental "alpha" kernels, not even beta. As such, as Rod Whitby says "there is a greater than zero chance" that your phone may have issues with these kernels. See Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

- A condition of using the kernels is being able to follow installation instructions EXACTLY. Please refer to Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and read carefully.

- A 2nd condition to using the kernels is being well versed in recovering your phone in case of issues. Please refer to How To Recover - WebOS Internals

- Finally, here is the thread where issues concerning these "alpha" kernels are discussed. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...g-kernels.html

You have now been armed with the knowledge that you did not search for in the forums. Use wisely.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I just wanted to re-emphasize the danger...Pre- is not made for such a processor...and having to doctor my phone was horrid...so be careful. For me the extra .2 isn't worth it....too much danger for such a little difference..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast