Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    I just wanted to re-emphasize the danger...Pre- is not made for such a processor...and having to doctor my phone was horrid...so be careful. For me the extra .2 isn't worth it....too much danger for such a little difference..
    I'm back on a fresh 2.1 after full erase & all apps restored themselves. I am running the sr71 and notice its a bit lagging on occassion. But liveable. I myself find that SR71 runs cooler since its typically at 500mhz and just scales up to 1.2 for a few moments in heavy loads. I also notice a lot better battery life on SR71 vs the screenstate 500/1000. W/ SR71 if you load a website, it goes from say 500mhz to 1.2mhz to load it, but then back down to 500 while your reading it. W/ screenstate its at 1ghz max the whole time the screens on...

    I'm pleased w/ it so far. I cant wait for a Pre 3 on sprint! They better get it!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    I just wanted to re-emphasize the danger...Pre- is not made for such a processor...and having to doctor my phone was horrid...so be careful. For me the extra .2 isn't worth it....too much danger for such a little difference..
    Brimston, just FYI, I had the same issue and you really don't need to re-doctor, just follow this thread:
    Memboot - WebOS Internals
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I'm back on a fresh 2.1 after full erase & all apps restored themselves. I am running the sr71 and notice its a bit lagging on occassion. But liveable. I myself find that SR71 runs cooler since its typically at 500mhz and just scales up to 1.2 for a few moments in heavy loads. I also notice a lot better battery life on SR71 vs the screenstate 500/1000. W/ SR71 if you load a website, it goes from say 500mhz to 1.2mhz to load it, but then back down to 500 while your reading it. W/ screenstate its at 1ghz max the whole time the screens on...

    I'm pleased w/ it so far. I cant wait for a Pre 3 on sprint! They better get it!
    weird....maybe since i dont have to redoc as mentioned below, ill give it another shot...or maybe i have a weakling...
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    Brimston, just FYI, I had the same issue and you really don't need to re-doctor, just follow this thread:
    [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    weird....maybe since i dont have to redoc as mentioned below, ill give it another shot...or maybe i have a weakling...
    I have a weakling too I believe, since I tried it twice and whenever I reboot, it went into a loop and wouldn't boot up. But membooting my device was easy and I went back to Uberkernel, which is definitely stable... I don't really have much lag now, except for the contacts app... I dont know why, but adding contacts slows the phone down like crazy
  5. #25  
    After full erase I noticed it would boot to the preware logo then shutdown. Turns out it enabled the compressed swap (which I read is off by default w sr71 due to issues w it & the sr71 kernal). I got it to boot by a few min battery pull & now it boots up fine w it off & sr71. I may try the 1ghz screenstate again w swap enabled to see if it stops the lag, but so far I'm pleased.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. #26  
    I have the sr71 nd I'm using webos 1.4.5...man it is fast as hell!! Nd I use the most minimal loggin as possible nd also the evdo hack for more data speed nd data.
  7.    #27  
    evdo hack? u mean evo hack? so it seems that SR71 wil only damage phone on installation. but for those of you with sr71 already installed and a lil luck then you are safe to use sr71
  8. #28  
    EVDO hack is modifying your 3G connection so that your data speeds are faster...
  9. #29  
    Also, SR71 runs your Pre's processor at twice the speed it is factory designed for (600mhz). This will drastically reduce the lifespan of your device.
  10.    #30  
    humm it wont be lng till we are on the palm pre 3 though. i dont have a computer here at home to get those 1.2ghz so im scared to do it and then i wont be able to doctor my phone till monday at my school library. im so undecided
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    evdo hack? u mean evo hack? so it seems that SR71 wil only damage phone on installation. but for those of you with sr71 already installed and a lil luck then you are safe to use sr71
    yeas I must be one of the lucky "ones" nd evdo hack.try it out..it might improve ur speed
  12.    #32  
    so sr71 is faster than AV8V harrier II?
  13. #33  
    some Pre's "wear pink underwear" and cannot handle 1.2GHz. There is a reason UberKernel is the only publicly available ROM, and 1.0GHz is it's upper limit. All pre's can handle 1.0GHz, but anything above that is a crapshoot.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
  14.    #34  
    well i got the 1.005ghz harrier II n it worked fine though.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    anyone else using the sr71 on sprint pre- ?
    yep, I've been lucky enough to have an extremely strong chuck norris 1st gen pre- (sprint currently webOS 1.4.5) I have been able to use the most bleeding edge kernels and I have had SR71 installed since the first release. I have my screenstate set to 1gHz / 1.2gHz and I never have any issues. I have 500+ apps & about 100 patches, and my device is still as smooth as my pre2 oc'd to 1.4gHz on F14 tomcat..
    anything in perticular that you have questions about?
    sj
  16. #36  
    Well I decided to try the Thunderchief test kernal to see how it did vs the sr71. I must say so far I am having a snappier device w/ the thunderchief. Gonna stick w/ this for now since less lag. Either way I'm pleased.
  17.    #37  
    thunderchief is 1.1 ghz? and to sksharkfan..... yes. what do u get as a webos mark with the sr71? with harrier i get 606
  18. #38  
    a few days into using thunderchief vs sr71 now. I get a lot less lag if at all, but have issues with the picture app when taking pics. They are not saving, not sure if its kernel related. But only way i found to fix is rename the dcim folder to something else, restart, then rename it to dcim again and it recognizes the pics again. I believe this is just a webos bug tho that happens sometimes. My battery frain w/ thunderchief vs sr71 is a lot worse though, and i have a seidio battery. But it makes it through a whole day w/ heavy use.
  19. #39  
    After I memboot my phone it loads up bu then locks in a loop of boot image how do I delete he kernel off of the phone? Please help me I am in need of help





    Edit: I got it working. Sorry I was using the 1.4.5 uImage. I got the 2.1 image. Sorry for bothering anyoe who looked at this.
    Last edited by SprintPre-1983; 04/07/2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions