Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    I just wanted to re-emphasize the danger...Pre- is not made for such a processor...and having to doctor my phone was horrid...so be careful. For me the extra .2 isn't worth it....too much danger for such a little difference..
    I'm back on a fresh 2.1 after full erase & all apps restored themselves. I am running the sr71 and notice its a bit lagging on occassion. But liveable. I myself find that SR71 runs cooler since its typically at 500mhz and just scales up to 1.2 for a few moments in heavy loads. I also notice a lot better battery life on SR71 vs the screenstate 500/1000. W/ SR71 if you load a website, it goes from say 500mhz to 1.2mhz to load it, but then back down to 500 while your reading it. W/ screenstate its at 1ghz max the whole time the screens on...

I'm pleased w/ it so far. I cant wait for a Pre 3 on sprint! They better get it!
    I just wanted to re-emphasize the danger...Pre- is not made for such a processor...and having to doctor my phone was horrid...so be careful. For me the extra .2 isn't worth it....too much danger for such a little difference..
    Brimston, just FYI, I had the same issue and you really don't need to re-doctor, just follow this thread:
    Memboot - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I'm back on a fresh 2.1 after full erase & all apps restored themselves. I am running the sr71 and notice its a bit lagging on occassion. But liveable. I myself find that SR71 runs cooler since its typically at 500mhz and just scales up to 1.2 for a few moments in heavy loads. I also notice a lot better battery life on SR71 vs the screenstate 500/1000. W/ SR71 if you load a website, it goes from say 500mhz to 1.2mhz to load it, but then back down to 500 while your reading it. W/ screenstate its at 1ghz max the whole time the screens on...

I'm pleased w/ it so far. I cant wait for a Pre 3 on sprint! They better get it!
    weird....maybe since i dont have to redoc as mentioned below, ill give it another shot...or maybe i have a weakling...
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    Brimston, just FYI, I had the same issue and you really don't need to re-doctor, just follow this thread:
    [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    weird....maybe since i dont have to redoc as mentioned below, ill give it another shot...or maybe i have a weakling...
    I have a weakling too I believe, since I tried it twice and whenever I reboot, it went into a loop and wouldn't boot up. But membooting my device was easy and I went back to Uberkernel, which is definitely stable... I don't really have much lag now, except for the contacts app... I dont know why, but adding contacts slows the phone down like crazy
    After full erase I noticed it would boot to the preware logo then shutdown. Turns out it enabled the compressed swap (which I read is off by default w sr71 due to issues w it & the sr71 kernal). I got it to boot by a few min battery pull & now it boots up fine w it off & sr71. I may try the 1ghz screenstate again w swap enabled to see if it stops the lag, but so far I'm pleased.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have the sr71 nd I'm using webos 1.4.5...man it is fast as hell!! Nd I use the most minimal loggin as possible nd also the evdo hack for more data speed nd data.
  7.    #27  
    evdo hack? u mean evo hack? so it seems that SR71 wil only damage phone on installation. but for those of you with sr71 already installed and a lil luck then you are safe to use sr71
    EVDO hack is modifying your 3G connection so that your data speeds are faster...
    Also, SR71 runs your Pre's processor at twice the speed it is factory designed for (600mhz). This will drastically reduce the lifespan of your device.
  10.    #30  
    humm it wont be lng till we are on the palm pre 3 though. i dont have a computer here at home to get those 1.2ghz so im scared to do it and then i wont be able to doctor my phone till monday at my school library. im so undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    evdo hack? u mean evo hack? so it seems that SR71 wil only damage phone on installation. but for those of you with sr71 already installed and a lil luck then you are safe to use sr71
    yeas I must be one of the lucky "ones" nd evdo hack.try it out..it might improve ur speed
  12.    #32  
    so sr71 is faster than AV8V harrier II?
    some Pre's "wear pink underwear" and cannot handle 1.2GHz. There is a reason UberKernel is the only publicly available ROM, and 1.0GHz is it's upper limit. All pre's can handle 1.0GHz, but anything above that is a crapshoot.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
  14.    #34  
    well i got the 1.005ghz harrier II n it worked fine though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    anyone else using the sr71 on sprint pre- ?
    yep, I've been lucky enough to have an extremely strong chuck norris 1st gen pre- (sprint currently webOS 1.4.5) I have been able to use the most bleeding edge kernels and I have had SR71 installed since the first release. I have my screenstate set to 1gHz / 1.2gHz and I never have any issues. I have 500+ apps & about 100 patches, and my device is still as smooth as my pre2 oc'd to 1.4gHz on F14 tomcat..
    anything in perticular that you have questions about?
    sj
    Well I decided to try the Thunderchief test kernal to see how it did vs the sr71. I must say so far I am having a snappier device w/ the thunderchief. Gonna stick w/ this for now since less lag. Either way I'm pleased.
  17.    #37  
    thunderchief is 1.1 ghz? and to sksharkfan..... yes. what do u get as a webos mark with the sr71? with harrier i get 606
    a few days into using thunderchief vs sr71 now. I get a lot less lag if at all, but have issues with the picture app when taking pics. They are not saving, not sure if its kernel related. But only way i found to fix is rename the dcim folder to something else, restart, then rename it to dcim again and it recognizes the pics again. I believe this is just a webos bug tho that happens sometimes. My battery frain w/ thunderchief vs sr71 is a lot worse though, and i have a seidio battery. But it makes it through a whole day w/ heavy use.
    After I memboot my phone it loads up bu then locks in a loop of boot image how do I delete he kernel off of the phone? Please help me I am in need of help

Edit: I got it working. Sorry I was using the 1.4.5 uImage. I got the 2.1 image. Sorry for bothering anyoe who looked at this.
    Last edited by SprintPre-1983; 04/07/2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12