Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    There isn't always a menu available there. Also, what patches are you running? Some (like mode switcher) will override that location in some scenes.

You will save yourself some frustration if you download the user guide from Palm.com (from a PC, not your phone)... very detailed documentation about how to use the interface. Once you do that, it's so easy even a caveman can do it.
    For patches I have AM-PM indicator in top bar, Battery percent and icon, change EV icon to 3G, faster card animations Hyper version, unhide dev mode icon and unthrottle download manager.
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2.    #22  
    I have installed the patch and that got rid of the captive portal issue but now I am having data connection issues. I am at work with no wifi to connect to so I am using my data plan and I can only connect to certain things like the web, precentral forms using app, and preware. When I try to get onto facebook using the app or onto the app catalogue I am getting a notification that I need to connect to a network. Does anyone know what the problem may be????
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    You're not alone. I'm on Bell as well and getting the same problem. The patch gets rid of the alerts but doesnt' fix the problem.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    You're not alone. I'm on Bell as well and getting the same problem. The patch gets rid of the alerts but doesnt' fix the problem.
    Yes I created the patch, all it does is disable the alerts, nothing else. I hated that alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    I have installed the patch and that got rid of the captive portal issue but now I am having data connection issues. I am at work with no wifi to connect to so I am using my data plan and I can only connect to certain things like the web, precentral forms using app, and preware. When I try to get onto facebook using the app or onto the app catalogue I am getting a notification that I need to connect to a network. Does anyone know what the problem may be????
    Same thing here. Also on Bell. Installing the patch stops the message but still some apps are saying there is no data connection. (there is, web works, some apps work, others say no data connection)

I don't even have wifi on and the captive portal message persists.

Bell Pre- running 2.1 dr and uberkernel.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by stryc9 View Post
    Same thing here. Also on Bell. Installing the patch stops the message but still some apps are saying there is no data connection. (there is, web works, some apps work, others say no data connection)

I don't even have wifi on and the captive portal message persists.

Bell Pre- running 2.1 dr and uberkernel.
    I doctored back to 1.4.5 this morning, but still when I go into the app catalogue and try to download an app the app fails to download? I am sure that I have and should be able to download apps over the BellM network?????
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm having the same issue here and it is pretty annoying.
    I tapped the notification and also was directed to Palm's home page.
    Why would that be a captive portal?
    I am sitting at home, connected to my home wifi router (which is the only Stored Profile). As such that would make it a logical place to see the Captive Portal, ie. the WAN.

I have a few hacks and apps installed, but can't remember if it started after installing one of those.

But I have a feeling it also started after I once connected to a McD portal.
    I have actually removed that wifi profile already.

BTW. I have 2.1 and I live in Europe. So it is probably not related to a specific mobile operator.
    Are any of you guys on Bell tethering your connection? Could this have something to do with Bell trying to improve their traffic monitoring which has not been very reliable (in our favour)?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I hope not, because feeder doesn't work over Ev anymore. I have also noticed that my battery life has been horrible as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab.
    Last edited by TyBec; 04/14/2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    most annoying thing ever. I'm going to through this phone out the window in a second.

this is why webos still is so far behind. it does all these stupid things all the time. lol.

p.s i love webos
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 05/23/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    also i deleted mode switcher and now it's gone. so wont download that app again.
    gone from preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    gone from preware?
    gone from my phone forever
    (app wasn't good anyways
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12