1.    #1  
    I am in Louisiana and recently I have not been able to receive text messages.. Every time I talk to a Sprint rep I get a different answer.. They do tell me they are updating towers to 4G but I would think that if I can still use my phone to call then I should be able to receive text messages.. How can you send messages and not receive them,, Makes no sense,, Just wondering if anyone else has has this issue lately.. Should I just be patient untill they are done with the upgrade.. I have 3 separate tickets on this so I am waiting on a technician to call me back,,

I had one of rep tell me that if I am roaming that I would not be able to use text messaging but could still send and receive calls,, that made no sense either,,,,
    any chance you upgraded your pre to 2.1? I'm asking because since I did that I have had some issues with getting texts, emails. Also, have you any patches? I found that I had an issue with some of the new Advanced system/function patches that seemed to make things a little buggy.

if not any of these things, well I'm sure someone else will chime in soon
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    I've had this same problem, it's like my text messages get stopped and then the next day they all send out to whoever I was texting. It stopped happening to me though, all my texts are good now.
    Sprint Love
    I'm in Louisiana as well (Fort Polk) and I've been experiencing service drop outs for days at a time. I had a nightmare of a time trying to get sprint to even aknowledge that there was a problem. I hope if there is a problem with the towers that it gets fixed soon because I may be moving here permanently in September and I'd hate to have to switch to AT&T-mobile.
  5.    #5  
    Sprint is being more strict on roaming charges .. If you use more than the alloted roaming they will call you and ask you to either stop using your phone when it is roaming or they will offer to buy out your contract and suspend your service with them,, It cost Sprint .70 /min for you to be roaming,, they will pay it up to a certain amount then they start calling you..
  6.    #6  
    Well no technician call back yet.. they must be really busy.. meanwhile I am still paying for unlimited texting and get far less than that,,
    check your that your data roaming is on
  8.    #8  
    Data roaming is enabled .. Always is..
    I had this issue on my Pre in NC. I went to a local area of service, then updated the PRL (Preferred Roaming Location) in the settings of the Phone App. All is fine now.
  10.    #10  
    We have done all that.. still not working right.. pretty sure its a sprint issue with the towers and signals,,
  11.    #11  
    Still not getting calls or texts but able to send them.. Still keep telling me they are working on the towers in my area.. They did credit me a full months charges since I basically can't use my phone for the last 2 weeks...
    Do you know anyone else with a Pre in your area? if they are having the same problem it is probably a Sprint thing. If not maybe you should try Doctoring your phone.

Check this article out: How To: Restore a Seriously Ill Pre | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community. Its a little out of date though, the latest official version of webos for Pre+/- devices is 1.4.5.
    I have a sprint pre in the Kansas City area. I meta doctored my pre to 2.1 about a month ago, and have also been running advanced system/function patches. As of yesterday afternoon my phone mysteriously stopped receiving text messages. I can still send texts and they go through, i can make calls and receive calls, i can browse the web, stream music, etc. No texts come through to my phone though.

To further muddle the picture, I noticed that when I attempt to sign into my IM account, it seems to successfully does so, but my list of buddies (online or offline) does not come up. I thought it might be a google issue, but attempting to resign into my google account results in the phone processing the request for about ten minutes before giving an "unknown error."

Tonight I spent an hour on the phone with a sprint tech, and the upshot was they couldn't find any problem. In fact, their system showed that the texts were going through to my phone. Eventually, the tech said the problem had to be with my phone.

Anyway, I noticed loopytee's comment about webos 2.1 and the advanced system patches and text-funkyness. So, adding my experience to the thread. I suppose my next step will be to un-install my advanced system patches.

Any other advice, input, corroborating experiences appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    any chance you upgraded your pre to 2.1? I'm asking because since I did that I have had some issues with getting texts, emails. Also, have you any patches? I found that I had an issue with some of the new Advanced system/function patches that seemed to make things a little buggy.

if not any of these things, well I'm sure someone else will chime in soon
    Care to elaborate on the advanced system patches/webos 2.1 metadoctor issues concerning texting issues? How did you fix it?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm in a worse dilemma...I am not receiving or being able to send out text messages or email messages. I just tried to do what HoisttheColours suggested but to no avail. Verizon has a couple of tickets out for me. My phone receives and sends calls fine. I am receiving an error message when I attempt to send email messages. I checked with Palm support and we both thought if I uninstalled google (gmail) and reinstalled it that might help but it did not. With the text messages I attempt to send and they fall off the phone - no record of them. The text messages have only been like this since this past Wed. The email has gotten progressively worse where my work and home accounts were not working but gmail was...not anymore, now google account also in disarray.

I do have Preware and patches installed and I can uninstall some? Any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrakhalid View Post
    I'm in Louisiana as well (Fort Polk) and I've been experiencing service drop outs for days at a time. I had a nightmare of a time trying to get sprint to even aknowledge that there was a problem. I hope if there is a problem with the towers that it gets fixed soon because I may be moving here permanently in September and I'd hate to have to switch to AT&T-mobile.
    I live in the Florida Panhandle and there has been problems with Sprint's network in this area for the past 3 weeks. I had a LONG conversation about this issue with the manager of my local Sprint store and he confirmed everything you've stated and everything I've been experiencing. He did not have an estimated date of when the work on the towers in this area should be completed. Let's hope not much longer!
    As an ex-cellular telecom installer, usually the procedure that they follow when upgrading a tower is by working on a sector at a time. Most cellular sites are 3 sectors and usually (but not always) in 120 degree patterns. They will take down a sector at a time and turn that sector back on before moving on to the next, to minimize service disruptions. On that note, depending on where you live, there is usually sufficient blanket coverage so that if you can't access the closest tower, there's another that you can fall back on, ie redundant coverage. The last thing a cell phone company wants is for you to not be able to use their services. I don't know much about the American networks but essentially it's all the same.

I do know that up here, when Telus and Bell move to 4G it's simply a matter of hoisting another tower mounted radio, hooking up a few more fibers(optics) and DC power to the junction box. A crew should be able to finish a normal tower in less than a day, followed by a day at the very, very most of troubleshooting.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm having a hard time believing that rep of yours
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel