Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i have been using preware since I first got my phone and have been constantly wowed by the ability of the homebrew community to make my phone fun to use. I have recently upgraded my pre plus to webos 2.1, it took me only thirty mins to redoctor my phone and reinstall preware I lost no data whatsoever and my phone is running perfectly. I have had no issues to report except for my phones voice dial app popping up when I plug in my headphones in and occasionally my screen blinks awake without my pressing anything. These problems are minor and id like to thank webos internals and the whole homebrew community for making my phone feel like new over and over again! Sorry for ranting its my first post
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 03/30/2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: mistype
    I too am very happy with the 2.1 upgrade. And I too get the voice dialing app opening when unplugging my headset. Dont know why that happens. But like you said, its minor and doesnt bother me.
    hey do you think one of you guys could make a quick "how to" of how to install this on my verizon pre plus? ive been searching all over but their all incomplete or a little to complicated. it would really make my WEEK if i could get some help...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nwashi23 View Post
    hey do you think one of you guys could make a quick "how to" of how to install this on my verizon pre plus? ive been searching all over but their all incomplete or a little to complicated. it would really make my WEEK if i could get some help...thanks
    Did you look at the webos Internals site? Id post a link but you wouldnt be able to see it since you only have one post.
    Just Google "WebOS Internals" and you can't miss it. Plus it also a very cool site to poke around on for any new Pre owner
  6.    #6  
    I followed the upgrade instructions on webos internals website step by step. It had pictures and everything I followed them exactly and it worked first try
    Do you still have the same palm profile? Did your old texts and call history get wiped? If not, does it now backup your old texts and call history? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    Do you still have the same palm profile? Did your old texts and call history get wiped? If not, does it now backup your old texts and call history? Thanks.
    My profile transferred perfectly. Texts and call history doesnt save. Just apps. Webos internals said to erase your palm profile before doing it so that's what I did. It erases everything but apps pretty much. Follow directions on how to backup your contacts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  9.    #9  
    I backed up my profile an contacts but forgot to delete anything and the only data I lost was my call and text history contacts and "usb" partition(photos music ect...) remained. Has anyone figured out why my voice dialer app pops up when I plug my headphones in?
  10.    #10  
    just added flash to my phone it was sooo easy I don't understand how anyone has problems when webos internals makes there directions so clear!!! Flash has been working without any flaws, have only tested addicting games.com but so far everything is working great first try! I love this web site and the webos internals crew Fo eva!!!!
    thank you guys for the replys. imma go and check rite now! and you got flash on your pre!? how?? is it in the webos internals place too?
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    I backed up my profile an contacts but forgot to delete anything and the only data I lost was my call and text history contacts and "usb" partition(photos music ect...) remained. Has anyone figured out why my voice dialer app pops up when I plug my headphones in?
    I have had that happen to me a few times too. It doesnt do it every time. And I read some other people were having that problem too, along with the messaging app freezing for a few seconds when sending a message. Have you had that problem as well?

thank you guys for the replys. imma go and check rite now! and you got flash on your pre!? how?? is it in the webos internals place too?
    Yes, the webOS internals site will have instructions on how to add flash too. I just installed it on mine and it does work perfectly. But I dont know why people wanted it so bad. Theres not much you need it for on a phone. Or I just dont know good sites to go to.
    god this site is confusing me! is there any way someone could just post a link to the verizon 2.1 webos doctor or somthing? it would be greatly appreciated..
    god this site is confusing me! is there any way someone could just post a link to the verizon 2.1 webos doctor or somthing? it would be greatly appreciated..
    You have to create the doctor yourself. If it looks too hard, I wouldnt advise doing this.
    damnit..you cant just upload yours? lol
    damnit..you cant just upload yours? lol
    I think theres a little more too it than that. lol. Sorry.
    haha thought so. alrite thanks for the help anyway
    haha thought so. alrite thanks for the help anyway
    Theres also a video on youtube on how to do it if you want to get a better idea.

Again, you wont be able to click the link until you have 10 comments on here. Just type in "2.1 meta doctor" in youtube.
    ....this BS.... HP/palm lied, plain and simple.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    HP just changed their mind. The Pre Plus' in the US don't have the update because of the carriers, and the Pre -'s don't have it because webOS 2.1 needs to be overclocked on them to run well. As for the Pixi, it was just barely running 1.4.5 smoothly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast