Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Overclocked at 500/800
    Web OS 2.1
    Palm Pre Plus
    Battery Usage is 180~350mA (this is what Govnah says)
    I couldn´t install Dr Battery to see the health but I used it on 1.4.5 (before update) and it was about 96%.

On WebOS 1.4.5 my battery lived longer then now on 2.1.
    I thought 2.1 is better for the battery? I just have seen the opposite...
    Do anyone know what could be the reason?
    No idea, but my battery has been dying rapidly with 2.1. Dr. Battery reports the health at 80% so I just ordered a new one on Amazon for 5 bucks. Lets hope this helps with the issue!
    Try playing around with different Govnah profiles/kernels/voltage settings
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    Try playing around with different Govnah profiles/kernels/voltage settings
    Its the voltage stuff that scares me. Overclocking? No problemo. But messing with voltage after the fact? Nooooooo

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've seen a memory leak related to playing audio in 2.1. Once the physical memory fills up my phone gets laggy and the battery drops quick. A reboot cures it, or a garbage collect with jstop helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    No idea, but my battery has been dying rapidly with 2.1. Dr. Battery reports the health at 80% so I just ordered a new one on Amazon for 5 bucks. Lets hope this helps with the issue!
    I was finding the same thing initially then after a few days the battery usage returned to normal, almost as if it had to bed in. Never worked out what the problem was.
  7.    #7  
    I installed 1.4.5 again. My battey usage gone back to 160 ~ 250 mA. I think it is the new webOS draining so much battery. + Now I don't have the annoying sms issue anymore. I will stick at this version.

Edit:
    On 2.1 it drained ~350mA without WLAN. On this version WLAN is on and the draining is just at 150~300mA. There is a big difference.
    My battery actually has been lasting longer on 2.1 maybe im the only one with good results?
    i dont know is it lasting longer or not...on both 1.4.5.and 2.1(which i now use) 500/800 it dont lasts enough :-) but i know it works much faster and the battery graph shows from 130-497mA. 2.1 has better features and now Palm pre+ look like a real opponent to my iPhone 3gs.(which have much better battery by the way...)
  10.    #10  
    I can not see big differences between 2.1 and 1.4.5. I am missing nothing on my older System. With Preware I could install many patches to show the launcher menu better. The Battery draining is the greatest problem on 2.1 for me. It looks like that not everyone has these bad results like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    My battery actually has been lasting longer on 2.1 maybe im the only one with good results?
    nope! major improvement on battery life compared to 1.4.5. My battery would take gulps of power on 1.4.5. Sips on 2.1! LOL!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I seem to be one of the unlucky ones. My battery usage is insane. If I so much as have the screen on my usage jumps over 350. I've seen it push up to 450 with just 1-2 apps open. I tried installing the av8b harrier as many have recommended it for the pre- people. It does seem to keep usage way lower when idle (150ish) but it still springs back up the second you do anything. Watching a 30 minute vid on my ride to work will take half the battery off with default, uber or harrier.

I think I may just have a bad pre. My battery life has always been extra bad and i've always had video playback and freezing issues at 1ghz. 800 seems to be the limit for my cpu to run happily (although harrier has been nice and smooth so far).
    You'll probably wanna push your voltages up a little, as 2.1 needs a little more oomph.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    You'll probably wanna push your voltages up a little, as 2.1 needs a little more oomph.
    I'm having the same problem...but I've never messed with Voltages before...what do you suggest?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I'll PM you
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'll PM you
    Why is it a secret???? LOL
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    You're asking too many questions...grab your family...run now while you can..

Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    You're asking too many questions...grab your family...run now while you can..

OK I'm gone.............!!!!!! LOL
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    PreCentral says "posting articles like that from a competing website requires authorization from our Admin before posting because it is not only uncool, but equates to Spam in the forums."

I can PM you too.
    Pm me.. I would like more info on this

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast