Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    PM me too.
    I have played around with voltages and agree that 2.1 does better with more voltage. The battery drainage is also way more if you are using Flash
    He was just asking for your settings and nothing else. The 12 or so postings above on this thread all seem to have settings that others have shared to help people with, I didn't know that was a crime here but if it is I apologize!!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    He was just asking for your settings and nothing else. The 12 or so postings above on this thread all seem to have settings that others have shared to help people with, I didn't know that was a crime here but if it is I apologize!!
    I just flashed back to 1.4.5 and I am really happy with it. Im missing nothing.The battery draining gone back. Now I can use my phone about 1 day and longer (between charging cycles).
    With 2.1 I needed to charge every ~ hours (not a day)
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix55 View Post
    I just flashed back to 1.4.5 and I am really happy with it. Im missing nothing.The battery draining gone back. Now I can use my phone about 1 day and longer (between charging cycles).
    With 2.1 I needed to charge every ~ hours (not a day)
    Glad to here, some pre- just seem to not run good on 2.1!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I run a Pre- with 2.1 and the battery lasts considerably longer than it did on 1.4.5. I have even overclocked it to 1 GHz. I keep my GPS off unless I want to use it with foursquare or FB places though. GPS drains my battery fast.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    One more thing you can do is to set the logging level down to error only. Its the same as it was in versions < 2.0, i.e. ##5647 CDMA and #*5647# on GSM. Its a nice lil speed boost too.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    extended battery is the way to go...its like having a dylitium crystal in your phone
    Webos World just posted a blog entry on tuning voltages.

It also has explanations of the governors which are available (some only available with testing kernels). Vdemand and Screenstate V2 are pretty cool... I believe both of those are available in the F104a kernel.

Changing kernel voltages [Tutorial] | WebOS World
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBones View Post
    I run a Pre- with 2.1 and the battery lasts considerably longer than it did on 1.4.5. I have even overclocked it to 1 GHz. I keep my GPS off unless I want to use it with foursquare or FB places though. GPS drains my battery fast.
    How long do you get on a charge?????
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12