1.    #1  
    I have a sprint pre with a cracked screen - lets call it phone "#1". I also have an old pre minus with a verizon comm-board in it (sprint comm-board was swapped into a pre plus) - phone #2. If I want to replaced the the cracked screen from #1 with the in-tact screen from #2, what would be the easiest way to do it? Do I just swap the comm-board from #1 into #2? would i need to first extract the tokens from #1? This would not be possible since the screen is cracked and unresponsive.

The only other option I can think of would be to completely tear both phones down and swap the lcd touchscreens. This would be a last resort for me being that I have only practiced this on phone #1 one time and it was a little more than I handle.

I am open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!
    You can move the memory board and the sprint comm board from #1 to #2. If you did this, you won't need to deal with tokens, but this is a much more involved hardware dis-assembly and re-assembly. You also get to keep the increased RAM and storage space associated with the Pre Plus and since the memory board and comm board stay together, it will just boot up without needing you to re-sign into your profile and re-download all of your apps.

Did you already convert the #2 into a Verizon Pre-? If not, and you left #2 alone and haven't been using it, then the original sprint comm board tokens are still there and you can just move the sprint comm board back from #1 to #2. If you did already convert #2, then after moving the sprint comm board back, you'll need to do the same process that you did for #1. If you kept those meta-doctors, then just re-use them. If not, you'll have to rebuild them and hopefully you kept all the token information from before - that won't have changed, so you can just reuse it.
    You can not replace just the lcd.. The reason is that there is a thin film of a liquid between th lcd and the digitizer.. You would need a new front housing assembly with lcd and digitizer to replace the cracked one

I havent taken apart pre2 yet... But I know that the front assy for the pre- and + are the same

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    You can move the memory board and the sprint comm board from #1 to #2. If you did this, you won't need to deal with tokens, but this is a much more involved hardware dis-assembly and re-assembly. You also get to keep the increased RAM and storage space associated with the Pre Plus and since the memory board and comm board stay together, it will just boot up without needing you to re-sign into your profile and re-download all of your apps.

Did you already convert the #2 into a Verizon Pre-? If not, and you left #2 alone and haven't been using it, then the original sprint comm board tokens are still there and you can just move the sprint comm board back from #1 to #2. If you did already convert #2, then after moving the sprint comm board back, you'll need to do the same process that you did for #1. If you kept those meta-doctors, then just re-use them. If not, you'll have to rebuild them and hopefully you kept all the token information from before - that won't have changed, so you can just reuse it.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough in my explanation. Phone #2's sprint comm board was switched into a 3rd device which is currently in use - I don't want to mess with that one. Which I guess means that I'm left with 1 option - to swap the lcd/digitizer from #2 to #1 (which is essentially the same as moving the moving both the memory board and the comm board from #1 to #2). Is that correct?

sketch42, I realize that the lcd itself cant be switched. What I meant was to switch the lcd/digitizer combo as a unit. I have tried the tear-down on device #1 already and got this far http://www.rapidrepair.com/guides/Pa...een-view-1.jpg. It was a hard process - especially putting it all back together and reconnecting all the wires- so I was hoping to find a way to avoid that.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by wack0 View Post
    Which I guess means that I'm left with 1 option - to swap the lcd/digitizer from #2 to #1 (which is essentially the same as moving the moving both the memory board and the comm board from #1 to #2). Is that correct?
    Yes, and if you have one, make sure to use a backplate with a Sprint keyboard (and not a Verizon keyboard).