1.    #1  
    Just recently, my Pre - is having trouble connecting to my wifi. In my bedroom, it used to get even 3 bars of WiFi which is upstairs from the router, but now it struggles to get even connected and usually says it cannot connect. Any one have any ideas?
    Have you been able to make the same comparisons at other sites... like a Starbucks or McDonalds parking lot? That could help you gauge whether the issue is the router or the phone.

I have a similar problem in my house, but I found that my phone actually gets the signal better than my netbook does. There may be other factors. I still haven't figured it out, so as an interim solution I've added a second hotspot to an ethernet switch on the other end of the basement. I find that when one of them is having trouble, the other seems to be doing fine. But I rarely see both routers with a strong signal at the same time. My theory is that I've got a neighbor that has a microwave, vacuum cleaner, 2.4GHz phone, etc. that selectively creates interference.

Also, what sort of router are you using? I found that the newer "N" router I had for a while seemed to always provide a better signal. But it failed so I'm back to my old "g" routers.

Finally, if you can find an old "B" router or access point, try adding that. The "B" spectrum seems to be much more dependable, even for gaming. It's not as fast, but if the signal is more reliable you might find the net result is faster than what you have now.

Hopefully some of that rambling will be helpful!
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    Just recently, my Pre - is having trouble connecting to my wifi. In my bedroom, it used to get even 3 bars of WiFi which is upstairs from the router, but now it struggles to get even connected and usually says it cannot connect. Any one have any ideas?
    I had this issue with one of my replacement Pres from VZW. Had to exchange it.
    I've been through like 6 Pre's, the wifi on all them has been pretty crappy. My PC is sitting right here now with 3/4 bars and my Pre has 1, which goes in and out. I read some networks are not set up to handle low power devices or whatever, but can't find any instructions on how to make it better.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    If you find that, the pre is able to connect only when very close to the router (ie same room for example), the unit may have a defective antenna connection.

This is a known (design?) problem with the wifi antenna connection. Best to get it reparied under warranty. If you are feeling brave, check this thread out

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2898061
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    Did you do any assembly work with this Pre (like Pre to PrePlus or Pre2)? If you did and you did any work with the backplate, you may have disturbed the connection to the antenna. I suppose a severe drop might do the same thing.

If not, then do you know if you have any new radio equipment in the area that might be interfering, like a cordless phone system or possibly even a neighbor's wifi system?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Have you tried having the keyboard open? My phone gets a much stronger wifi signal when the slider keyboard is open.