1.    #1  
    I have been trying to install preware through various methods and I keep getting the warning that "No devices are connect. Connect a device then relaunch WebOS Quick Install"
    I know my pre is connected and charging, I am in developer mode, I am using the proper Java version, Novacon is good, but no matter what method I use I cannot get the installer to recognize my pre. Additionally I cannot get WebOS Dr. to recognize it either.

Original Pre 1.4.5, Mac OS 10.5.8, all original cables - same computer I have used before with perfect results.

I have been looking thru the forums and so far nothing has helped. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. This is a bit of a last ditch effort before I try a 'full erase' as Missing sync has stopped syncing and there is information that has not been transfered yet. So much for the 'bleeding edge' I suppose.

thanks in advance,

A
    try re-installing the novacom drivers... I am pretty awful with Mac though... it is obviously not catching the connection... just out of curiosity, when you have it plugged in are you able to go into the command prompt and novaterm into it? Im not sure about mac... but if you can you could simply bootstrap installer straight from the webos internals wiki. By the way... have you gone to the wiki to look for mac tips on the subject?
    Have you tried all the usb ports on your computer?Some have said to use the webos20090606 instead of upupdowndownetc.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    try re-installing the novacom drivers... I am pretty awful with Mac though... it is obviously not catching the connection... just out of curiosity, when you have it plugged in are you able to go into the command prompt and novaterm into it? Im not sure about mac... but if you can you could simply bootstrap installer straight from the webos internals wiki. By the way... have you gone to the wiki to look for mac tips on the subject?
    I will give the novacom drivers another shot, and I have gone to the wiki, but to be perfectly honest, I am getting near the edge of my comfort zone heading into the terminal and such.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by marksj View Post
    Have you tried all the usb ports on your computer?Some have said to use the webos20090606 instead of upupdowndownetc.
    I have tried both usb ports on my laptop, but have not tried both dev mode enable strings. I have an app that allows me to turn it on, so I have tried that and upupdowndown....etc.
    I will continue trial and error.

thanks