Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    my phone will die like normal if I don't charge it. I set it on the touchstone and it will show the dead battery icon then after a bit the little plug outlet thing then again to the battery and so on....but then I hook it up like you would if you didn't have a touchstone and it'll charge. Anny ideas as to why this could be happening?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    does no one have any idea?
    If I let mine die completely & put it on the charger, it will sometimes go between the battery icon & screen off until it gets up to i'd say a 5% charger, then it stays on. Just let it sit longer. If you let it sit awhile & still no charge, then it may be a problem w/ hardware?
    This sounds like what I'm just now experiencing.

As far as I can tell, it's the back cover itself, or the path between the connector on the phone itself and the charging circuit. Basically there's a bad connection in the path somewhere. If I shut the phone down, pop the back cover off, snap it back on again, and restart it, the problem goes away for a short time, but comes back. What's curious is that this has only started happening chronically yesterday on two different Touchstones. The voltage coming from the back is a consistent 5.54 volts, but something somewhere is intermittent.

I'm considering buying a new back, but I'd rather hear from others having the same problem first, although so far I haven't heard anybody with a solution.

Oh, I should note here that I can charge the phone by plugging the USB cable in directly. It nukes the usefulness of the Touchstone, but it's looking more and more like I'll need to get used to it, since HP has completely torpedoed its credibility regarding the future of webOS.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Experienced this problem with my old pre after taking it to Sprint to transfer over to my daughter. I removed the back, pulled and reseated the battery, replaced the back, ensuring that it was on tightly. That was 6 weeks ago and we've had no further problems. The tech had done a battery pull and I figure that he didn't get everything seated properly.
    Last edited by tnrambler; 11/17/2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: clarification