1.    #1  
    what is the stock processor speed of the Pre Plus
    i have govnah and use palm default as i don't often multitask and i prefer stock performance, buti i do overclock sometimes. It says palm stock speed is at 500mhz, but from what i've read PPP has a 600mhz processor speed.

so basically when i use palm default on govnah i'm running at 500mhz, which is underclocked from the factory specs.

i've read from the forums that it's dangerous to underclock a processor.

please enlighten me. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by legion732 View Post
    what is the stock processor speed of the Pre Plus
    i have govnah and use palm default as i don't often multitask and i prefer stock performance, buti i do overclock sometimes. It says palm stock speed is at 500mhz, but from what i've read PPP has a 600mhz processor speed.

so basically when i use palm default on govnah i'm running at 500mhz, which is underclocked from the factory specs.

i've read from the forums that it's dangerous to underclock a processor.

please enlighten me. thanks
    You're correct. 500mhz is the palm default. Yes they've underclocked it. This is not uncommon. I believe this is for conservatism so that the processor lasts for its design life. I see clock speed like engine RPM: a processor only has a certain number of "rpms" before it craps out. simplistic i know, but somewhat accurate.

Some phones can clock that processor to 250 or 125, so underclocking isn't inherently dangerous, i dont' think.
  3.    #3  
    which year unit models received the underclock to 500mhz as stock for PPP?
    so it's ok if i choose the palm default 500 mhz and run it to use games, web, etc? i'm pretty ok with it's speed, i'm just a bit worried not running on stock speed on my unit. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by legion732 View Post
    which year unit models received the underclock to 500mhz as stock for PPP?
    so it's ok if i choose the palm default 500 mhz and run it to use games, web, etc? i'm pretty ok with it's speed, i'm just a bit worried not running on stock speed on my unit. thanks
    as far as i know all Pre's shipped with 500mhz as the stock speed. You're fine.
    500 mHz is Palm's stock speed for processor longevity and battery life. The processor is rated @ 600 mHz from the factory though. The processor has been overclocked to 1.2 gHz by some(I've only pushed mine to 1 gHz) and underclocked to 125 by some(I've done this with mine in screenstate governor mode when the screen is off.) ANY time you mess around with your processor clock settings, there is an inherent possibilty of it not being good for your processor.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ