1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I was wondering if there's a way to A) write an app to pull Text messages off of a Pre + or B) Go into to the files and take them off

In both instances, they need to be put on a pc in a readable format. Is this possible?

Edit: I've been looking around, and the one I found that said yes, I could follow the directions, they assumed I had something I didn't have

Once again, accomplished something, Just updating, hope It helps someone in the future. The SMS messages are under com_palm_pim_FolderEntry That's all of them, unsorted, I'm trying to find the message threads now

I found them, by using this code
    Code:
    select
    com_palm_pim_Recipient.address, 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry.smsClass, 
    com_palm_pim_Recipient.firstName, 
    com_palm_pim_Recipient.lastName, 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry.fromAddress, 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry.timeStamp, 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry.messageText 
    from 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry 
    join 
    com_palm_pim_Recipient on (com_palm_pim_FolderEntry.id = com_palm_pim_Recipient.com_palm_pim_FolderEntry_id) 
    where 
    messageType="SMS" AND ((smsClass=0 AND (address="ADDR1" OR address="ADDR2")) OR (address="ADDR1" OR address="ADDR2")) 
    order by 
    timeStamp;
    Insert the numbers of the phones the messages were in between where ADDR1 & ADDR2 are, and it will pull up the messages. Save it to Excel and edit as liked
    Last edited by javedd1993; 03/30/2011 at 07:23 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Alright, I've managed to get the DB3 database off, does anyone know how to isolate messages and translate them?

Once again, accomplished something, Just updating, hope It helps someone in the future. The SMS messages are under com_palm_pim_FolderEntry That's all of them, unsorted, I'm trying to find the message threads now

Code:
    select
    from 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry 
    join 
    com_palm_pim_Recipient on (com_palm_pim_FolderEntry.id = com_palm_pim_Recipient.com_palm_pim_FolderEntry_id) 
    where 
    messageType="SMS" AND ((smsClass=0 AND (address="ADDR1" OR address="ADDR2")) OR (address="ADDR1" OR address="ADDR2")) 
    order by 
    timeStamp;
    Insert the numbers of the phones the messages were in between where ADDR1 & ADDR2 are, and it will pull up the messages. Save it to Excel and edit as liked
    Last edited by javedd1993; 03/30/2011 at 06:56 PM.
  3.    #3  

Code:
    select
    from 
    com_palm_pim_FolderEntry 
    join 
    where 
    order by 
    timeStamp;
    Last edited by javedd1993; 03/30/2011 at 06:55 PM.