1.    #1  
    So today I decided to call Verizon to see if I can get a palm pre 2 under warranty. I called them, told them some of the problems I was having with my phone (skipped letters, headset jack, random restarts) wink wink.

Then, he sent my call to the replacement department. The guy wanted to replace my palm pre plus, then I told him "I went into the Verizon store today to get my phone replaced, they were out of the regular pre plus and the sales guy told me they didn't have any Palm Pre 2's at their location and if they did he would give me one. So he suggested I called customer service.' Then the guy I was talking to said he would check it out and see if that's true.. He put me on hold then saw that I've had a replacement before and said he would give me the palm pre 2 under warranty with next day delivery. Nice!

However, I have a few questions. I have 2.1 on my pre plus. Should I doctor it back to 1.4.5 before I send it back? And will it have any affect on the palm pre 2 when I sign into my palm profile because I'm on 2.1 on my pre plus? Would appreciate any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    So today I decided to call Verizon to see if I can get a palm pre 2 under warranty. I called them, told them some of the problems I was having with my phone (skipped letters, headset jack, random restarts) wink wink.

Then, he sent my call to the replacement department. The guy wanted to replace my palm pre plus, then I told him "I went into the Verizon store today to get my phone replaced, they were out of the regular pre plus and the sales guy told me they didn't have any Palm Pre 2's at their location and if they did he would give me one. So he suggested I called customer service.' Then the guy I was talking to said he would check it out and see if that's true.. He put me on hold then saw that I've had a replacement before and said he would give me the palm pre 2 under warranty with next day delivery. Nice!

However, I have a few questions. I have 2.1 on my pre plus. Should I doctor it back to 1.4.5 before I send it back? And will it have any affect on the palm pre 2 when I sign into my palm profile because I'm on 2.1 on my pre plus? Would appreciate any help!
    Yes, i would recommend performing a clean wipe of the phone and re-doctor to 1.4.5. You don't need to sign into your profile once it is doctored though. Or you could create a new profile. that way your 2.1 profile wont' be effected at all.

See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-plus.html.

BTW lucky you! i suppose they made you sign up for a 2 year contract?
  3.    #3  
    so when I doctor I should create a new profile is what your saying. And all my apps will be fine when I login to my palm profile on the pre 2?

And I've been with Verizon. I got my pre plus a little under a year ago. Since I was still under warranty they gave me a pre 2 without having to renew my contract
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    so when I doctor I should create a new profile is what your saying. And all my apps will be fine when I login to my palm profile on the pre 2?

And I've been with Verizon. I got my pre plus a little under a year ago. Since I was still under warranty they gave me a pre 2 without having to renew my contract
    That thread should answer your question. I don't think you even need to sign in. Just wipe your device like that thread says, then re-doctor and call it good.