1.    #1  
    Hey all. Recently installed WebOS 2.1.0 on my Pre- with quite the success. I've been extremely satisfied with all but one thing, and of course that is why I'm posting here, hoping for some help.

Whenever I connect anything to the Pre-'s headphone port, all audio on the phone completely stops transmitting, until I do a device restart. So pretty much, outputting to an external audio device such as headphones is completely impossible in the OS' current state. Has everyone or anyone had the same issue with WebOS 2.1 on a legacy device, and been able to overcome it?

Another thing that happens when I connect headphones is that the voice dial app pulls up immediately each time (but I can't hear what it's saying, etc. haha). I guess I can deal with that though -- the sound loss issue is more significant. (The voice dial app also always moves to the leftmost app launcher page upon any kind of restart.)

I haven't heard of this main issue before, so I hope there's a fix. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Saber Mage; 03/29/2011 at 05:02 PM.
    This happened on my Pre 2. I was leading a retreat and I plugged in my phone for some music (custom Pandora station) and the voice dial popped up. Pandora showed that it was playing but I couldn't get any sound, whether it was plugged in or not.

Any help would be great.
    The voice dial doesn't pop up when I plug in the Palm headphones, only when I press the mic button. But when the voice dial does pop up, it stops your music. My guess is that it's getting stuck. If voicedial is not that important to you, you can uninstall it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The voice dial doesn't pop up when I plug in the Palm headphones, only when I press the mic button. But when the voice dial does pop up, it stops your music. My guess is that it's getting stuck. If voicedial is not that important to you, you can uninstall it.
    Good point, SD. Sorry to ask, but do you know of a good way to go about uninstalling it? (Obviously orange+tap nor the app list can uninstall it, since it's preloaded, official software.)
    Last edited by Saber Mage; 03/29/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Good point, SD. Sorry to ask, but do you know of a good way to go about uninstalling it? (Obviously orange+tap nor the app list can uninstall it, since it's preloaded, official software.)
    If you've got novacom installed, pop open a terminal and write this:

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    Last edited by malpha; 04/01/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    If you've got novacom installed, pop open a terminal and write this:

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipk remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    The above only got rid of the icon, but holding either of the volume buttons still brought up voicedial. Is there a way to completely get rid of this app??
    Er, that should say

Sorry!
    (That's the line that gets rid of the service, the rm -r line removes the app)
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  8.    #8  
    Awesome, worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip SD. ^_^
    Er, that should say

Sorry!
    (That's the line that gets rid of the service, the rm -r line removes the app)
    Sorry for the newbieness, but:

What's the exact code I can copy over now? Keep in mind I already did the above code, so part of the ipk is already not there...
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Sorry for the newbieness, but:

What's the exact code I can copy over now? Keep in mind I already did the above code, so part of the ipk is already not there...
    Go through the steps again, except with the corrected line and you can leave off the rm line.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Go through the steps again, except with the corrected line and you can leave off the rm line.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Worked! Reposted with credits here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...70#post2928470