Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    well i went and bought the palm pre 2 for ATT. Working like a charm. Loving the OS UI. Learning all the little details now. Couple questions. For the blackberry there was blackberry desktop where you do back up and restores. Is there a program like that for PCs for the Pre? Also i did sync through double twist to get my music from itunes onto the pre. Is there an easier way to do that?

Well my doubletwist sync finished and all the songs show up under music but no sound comes out. I am going to assume it didnt format them correctly. Any assistance?
    Last edited by hunter_predd; 03/30/2011 at 12:52 AM.
    What format is your music in? Need mp3 on the Pre.

You can back up your contacts and calendar to your Palm Profile, but I think more people use google or another web-based solution for their backup. To go beyond a cloud solution for backup to destop (for example, to back up to Outlook), you will need to look at some third party solutions. There are a couple of threads discussing this:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ketmirror.html
  3.    #23  
    I bought one of those touchstones along w/ the palm pre 2. It doesnt seem to be working when i put the phone on it. It is plugged into a good port on computer and it does charge when i plug cord directly into the phone. I checked the palm website and it doesnt list it as a supported device but when i remove the back of the phone it looks like it has the right back for it. Is the palm pre 2 supported for the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter_predd View Post
    I bought one of those touchstones along w/ the palm pre 2. It doesnt seem to be working when i put the phone on it. It is plugged into a good port on computer and it does charge when i plug cord directly into the phone. I checked the palm website and it doesnt list it as a supported device but when i remove the back of the phone it looks like it has the right back for it. Is the palm pre 2 supported for the touchstone?
    Try plugging the touchstone directly into an AC outlet.
    For some odd ball reason (could be power limitations from the Usb drive / not sure , but seems like a good enough guess) , palm only setup the Touchstone to be able to be used only when its pluged into an outlet

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #26  
    LLLLAAAMMMMEEEE. Well looks like i have to bring my usb extension cord then to reach the outlet then. Well at least it isnt a bad touchstone then.
  7.    #27  
    O i bought it off of a guy local w/ it still in the box and the plastic film on and everything. Brand new.
    Touchstone will work in the car though!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Unfortunately the Touchstone requires a AC outlet.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    If you have a USB adapter with enough amps. I think 1amp is need and most USBs ports don't provide that, so U'll have to look out for that when buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Touchstone will work in the car though!
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    If you have a USB adapter with enough amps. I think 1amp is need and most USBs ports don't provide that, so U'll have to look out for that when buying.
    Palm car charger works great in my car with a touchstone! I love it, and most of my buddies are jealous of it :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12