1.    #1  
    Hi,people!I am happy with my phone (Palm pre minus) if we don't count hardwares issues it has. First off my slider is bad,second I think that it is a "weak" Pre,3rd i have a strange issue. When I talk to someone,the phone loses its network connection and the call drops. After a few second its connected again. Sometimes when I try to call someone,it gives me an error,something like (no free lines,call failed)The second time i try to call someone it says that the airplane mode is on,and the 3rd time I call the person I want successfully but after minute or so the phone drops the call again. But sometimes I don't have this problem. Tried doctoring but it's still the same. The last problem is that my volume down key doesn't work , but I can live with that Does anyone have a guess what can cause the call dropping problem.I think to get a broken screen pre and combine some parts of it with some parts of mine pre but I don't know what Pre to buy and which parts should I replace.I think I should get the same O2 Pre right? (Mine isn't locked to O2,it's WR,P100UEU,carrier - ROW) Thanks in advice!!!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone got an idea,or you didn't understand me (bad english,sorry)
    I think your english is good. At least a german can understand it ;-)
    But unfortunately I have no answer. Could it be that when the call dropped you have poor reception?
    Sorry.
    Try setting your phone to use 2G only. You should find that not only do you get less dropped calls the battery should last a lot longer! Im on O2 UK and the 3G coverage is poor where I stay. If I know I am going to use data (browse the web, facebook etc..) I turn 3G on for this then back off when Im finished.
    I had that problem of dropped calls when I first got my pre and it turned out my sim was a 2G card and not 3G compatible so I called my service provider and they sent me a new sim. Problem solved, well for me anyway! Maybe want to check with your service provider!
    Not sure what radio technology that your O2 carrier uses... Is it CDMA? My guess is yes, if you're using a Pre-.

If it is a CDMA carrier, you should update your PRL. Go to Phone app -> Preferences -> update PRL.

If you're on GSM, i can't help you.
  7.    #7  
    I didn't have this problem one month ago.I think its not from the carrier,when I am on 2G it happens again.It's GSM and I am not on O2,I from Bulgaria. Now I use the sim card on another phone and no dropped calls so far.It should be hardware issue So good phone with so many hardware problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Not sure what radio technology that your O2 carrier uses... Is it CDMA? My guess is yes, if you're using a Pre-.
    Nope - it's not. Europe is all GSM(2G)/UMTS(3G).

On topic. My Pre sometimes drops calls, but not quite in the way OP described.
    And it almost happens in particular spots - which means that it is - in my case - a carrier problem. I guess O2 (germany) has trouble with some weak spots or moving the connection from one cell tower to the next.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Late to the party, but if you still have the same problems, I'd say there's a chance you may be suffering from a wonky SIM card. Try using your SIM in another handset and/or using a different SIM in your Pre.

I used to have similar issues and it turned out that my SIM card (which was about 10 years old at the time...) simply needed replacing.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Late to the party, but if you still have the same problems, I'd say there's a chance you may be suffering from a wonky SIM card. Try using your SIM in another handset and/or using a different SIM in your Pre.

I used to have similar issues and it turned out that my SIM card (which was about 10 years old at the time...) simply needed replacing.
    Now I am using my SIM card with another phone and there are no problems at all.Thanks for the advice anyway
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'm on O2 in the uk and I used to have these call cutting problems when I had the network switch set to automatically swap between 2g and 3G. We live in an area with patchy 3G coverage and I found that setting to 2g did the trick - no more cut calls etc.
    Yes, I find calls get dropped when it switches 2G to 3G and vice verca. Best to leave it on 2G until you need more data speed as mentioned earier.
    Could be the problem when phone changes the network between 2G-3G-2G. And the fact that you do not have this problem when using another phone can mean that this phone operates better in such scenario.