1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I am from Indonesia.
    Got a Palm Pre2 first registered in US by a friend.
    Now using Indonesian GSM network.
    I can access Apps and purchased some using my US friend's credit.

After using the Pre for a week, my phone bill excalate ten-fold, went to the operator,I was told that the phone constantly accessing data from international site and it is considered international data roaming...??

What can I do guys..?
    I want to be able to make full use of the Pre2 but certainly can't afford the bill..

Do help me out here..

Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinodean View Post
    Hi guys,

I am from Indonesia.
    Got a Palm Pre2 first registered in US by a friend.
    Now using Indonesian GSM network.
    I can access Apps and purchased some using my US friend's credit.

After using the Pre for a week, my phone bill excalate ten-fold, went to the operator,I was told that the phone constantly accessing data from international site and it is considered international data roaming...??

What can I do guys..?
    I want to be able to make full use of the Pre2 but certainly can't afford the bill..

Do help me out here..

Dean
    I am sorry to say, but this sounds like a load of crap. There is absolutely no justification for them to charge you for "international data roaming" as long as you are on your home network while using the data, even if it is from an international site.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinodean View Post
    I was told that the phone constantly accessing data from international site and it is considered international data roaming...??
    Do you have a data plan? It should use that data plan.
    I was in a different country in europe, switched roaming off, and haven'd payed any roaming for data.
  4.    #4  
    Nothing I can do about the operator.

Can I have control or even block inflow/outflow of data fro the Pre?
  5.    #5  
    In the mean time I just disable Data Usage..
    If you are on your home network, there shouldn't be any extra fees. That's how it works in Canada & the US.

You do have a data plan right?
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->