1.    #1  
    Hello,

I purchased what I hope is a Pre+ off of eBay. It came in the Pre+ box but how can I tell that it is truly a Pre+? Is there a system app that tells this?

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdv View Post
    Hello,

I purchased what I hope is a Pre+ off of eBay. It came in the Pre+ box but how can I tell that it is truly a Pre+? Is there a system app that tells this?

Thank you
    First - it will not have a round button - it will have a flat gesture area with an embedded slit like led area that functions like the round button on a Pre.

Second - is it Verizon or AT&T? If Verizon in Device Info it will show MEMORY of 16GB. If you click MORE INFO and select HARDWARE you should see the model is P101EWW if Verizon (but there may be other models that area also Pre+)

Beyond that I'm not sure.
    it does not have a center button in the middle of the touch area and somewhere in the device info menus you should see more than 256 MB of RAM

EDIT <unclevanya> beat me by a minute :P
    also check the keyboard

Pre plus onwards all keys are white
    Old pre minus ones have orange option keys.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you!

It is definitely a Pre+!
    grats man! They are definitely nice hope your experience with it is as good as mine!
  7.    #7  
    So far, I like it a lot. I am probably going to move it to 2.1. If I can pick up some development skills, I think this phone will turn into a fun hobby.
    There are some sellers on ebay selling pre -'s as Sprint Pre Plus's. Don't buy from them, they are labeled incorrectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    There are some sellers on ebay selling pre -'s as Sprint Pre Plus's. Don't buy from them, they are labeled incorrectly.
    Generally true, but it is possible to create a Sprint Pre Plus - you just have to make sure the description demonstrates that a conversion was done to make it a Pre Plus. For that matter, you'll find Verizon Pre Minuses out there as well, so you need to dodge those when you're trying to get the spare parts to build a Sprint Pre Plus.