Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Moved to 2.1 +Uberkernel...

Sprint Pre, The phone is at least as stable as 1.4.5, though I miss the facebook chat patch and the 4x4 icons. I think I'll leave it as is though since I suspect Homebrew will slowly catch up with the new rev. This is just to tide me over until I can pick up a TouchPad and maybe a Pre3.
    my sprint pre- is acting weird too. my messaging application lags and i dont know if i should get rid of this one and throw it out n just get a palm pre plus and forget about 2.1. my volume keys dont work, i can only answer on speaker. or i can go back to another used sprint pre since i see they are only $25 used on ebay. cheap!!!! is the android really better than android though? lets be realistic here. the evo is attracting me too
    actually I just switched back to 1.4.5 this morning. Really like 2.1 but it didn't run well at all when not overclocked, so when the battery would get below 20% or it was plugged in it would drop down to 500mhz which just made it not fun to use. I was also having troubles with the camera app not always opening up. I got tired of missing the moment trying to get the camera or video recorder going. Definitely much happier going back to 1.4.5 and my launcher mix patch/fb chat and others. Had to use a new palm profile, that was a bummer but I'm only buying a couple apps that I use a lot. Just thought I would share.

ken
    Things that I like about 2.1 compared with 1.4.5 and the reasons i'm not going back:
    1) Alarm clock finally has a snooze button (press the power button)
    2) Stacks, I love the "new card per convo" patch for messaging and it stacks them up!
    3) When you perform an action that opens a new card from a previous card, it opens the new app or link or whatever right next to the card you were active on, instead of putting it at the end of your row of open apps like in 1.x
    4) The new Just Type is nice because of google suggest as well as bringing up your previously viewed pages in the just type search.
    5) The Exhibition mode is nice because of the 3 options of really bright screen, dimmed screen or screen off.
    6) Improved battery life
    7) The new dictionary and auto correct. I love being able to add my own shortcuts for words. I have it set up with things like "kt" and it will spell out "katie" for me or "glhf" will spell out "good luck, have fun".

#love

EDIT: Things I DON'T like about 2.1 on my Sprint Pre minus are:
    1) Yes, sometimes the messaging app lags a little when sending a message (though I believe the actual sending of the message is not lagging, only the graphical interface)
    2) Absolutely must be overclocking to at least 800mhz. Sometimes I use screenstate 500/1000 now, which I never had to use before.
    3) that is all for now.
    how come my dictionay does not work?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTolsonator View Post
    Yeah, I kinda live dangerously? I have had the backup turned off for a while. It would never work anyway. I keep my contacts backed up to google, I have zumodrive and dropboxify for my pics/videos and I could care less if my tunes disapear

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Can you have the pics taken on your phone synced to zumodrive?
    I may complain about Palm and HP, but not these guys who brought me 2.1. If a meteor is ever coming towards earth, I want them on the task....only with better hardware. Now if they would focus on bringing many of the WebOS features we like over to Android. They don't have to replace Android as it continues to improve, only improve it that much more. The WebDroid project.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Really like 2.1 but it didn't run well at all when not overclocked, so when the battery would get below 20% or it was plugged in it would drop down to 500mhz which just made it not fun to use.

The Battery low speed and battery low threshhold are selectable in Govnah.
    Tap Profile>Advanced Settings>CPU Frequency, and they are found in the OVERRIDE PARAMETERS section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I've moved my profile back and forth between 1.4.5 and 2.0.1 many times.

you lose some cofig details, but the profile survives when using the doctor.
    Don't you lose all your SMS messages too, or do you keep those?

EDIT: nm, I was thinking 2.1.0.
    Last edited by Bazirker; 04/03/2011 at 10:18 AM.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    actually I just switched back to 1.4.5 this morning. Really like 2.1 but it didn't run well at all when not overclocked, so when the battery would get below 20% or it was plugged in it would drop down to 500mhz which just made it not fun to use. I was also having troubles with the camera app not always opening up. I got tired of missing the moment trying to get the camera or video recorder going. Definitely much happier going back to 1.4.5 and my launcher mix patch/fb chat and others. Had to use a new palm profile, that was a bummer but I'm only buying a couple apps that I use a lot. Just thought I would share.

ken
    Couldn't agree more. Just finished re-doctoring back to 1.4.5 a few minutes ago, and finished installing all my patches rather quickly. Rebooting the phone, even with a Luna reboot took FOREVER on 2.1, even with massive overclocking.

I also felt like a total jack@$$ down at my fiance's house...someone lost their phone and I was trying to call them, and they found it after 3 minutes of looking, while I was fighting to get my Pre- to wake the hell up and dial. Totally locked up. Camera app was useless. I also hated running Mode Switcher in the app tray...Missed having it run in the background.

I'll miss having the A-FREAKING-MAZING text assist and editable dictionary, Just Type was ok I guess...But I'd rather stick with the more reliable (and properly coded) 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    Stick with 1.4.5, there aren't really that many features of 2.1 to die for. Stacking and the dictionary are the only really cool features in my opinion.
    2.1 is better all around....just simply better. And there are way more enhancements in 2.1 than the ones you mentioned
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12