1.    #1  
    I use the AGP case for my VZW Pre+, but when I took it off to clean out lint and such yesterday, I noticed I have a hairline crack going up from my USB door. I know this is a common problem. Is there anything I can do to keep it from spreading across the screen?

Also, I'm pretty sure I still have the insurance plan, so is this something that will get me a replacement? I've had my phone for just about a year now, and this is literally the ONLY problem I've had with it other than one instance of being stuck in headset mode ... so, I don't really know my way around insurance claims.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have the same crack. I don't know how long its been there but it hasn't progressed beyond the edge of the screen. I'm trying to hold my pre plus together until the pre 3 is available. Just put a little clear nail polish near the usb connector and it should prevent it from going any further. Other than that they (vzw) blame it on rough handling.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I have the same crack. I don't know how long its been there but it hasn't progressed beyond the edge of the screen. I'm trying to hold my pre plus together until the pre 3 is available. Just put a little clear nail polish near the usb connector and it should prevent it from going any further. Other than that they (vzw) blame it on rough handling.

I'll give that a shot. I was hoping to hold it together until my contract was up, because I don't want to have to start paying for the mobile hotspot any sooner than necessary. Until I saw this, I didn't think I'd have any trouble making it until my contract is up in December.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    VZW replaced mine under warranty for USB crack.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had this same crack develop on my 2nd Verizon Pre after about 6 months. At first, I thought it was just a scratch, but it only took about 8 days to make a V shaped crack. I brought it to my Pre friendly Verizon store, since the one near to me is not, and they exchanged it on the spot. My only issue, is that the replacement has a bit of the oreo effect.
  6.    #6  
    I filed a claim with Assurion. They say they don't have any more Pre+. They want to give me a Pixi+. HARDLY comparable, despite what they claim. Not sure what to do now.