1.    #1  
    I am using a Sprint Pre running 1.4.5. Is there a way to keep an app from showing up as needing to be updated? I have accidentally updated "all" when I only wanted certain apps updated. Can this be done for both the stock 'Updates' app as well as the Preware updates?

I am running Mobile Hotspot 1.0.14 and don't want it to ever update (if it does, it will break) so I'd like to leave this app out of the update list forever.

Thx!
    Palm IIIx > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    I am using a Sprint Pre running 1.4.5. Is there a way to keep an app from showing up as needing to be updated? I have accidentally updated "all" when I only wanted certain apps updated. Can this be done for both the stock 'Updates' app as well as the Preware updates?

I am running Mobile Hotspot 1.0.14 and don't want it to ever update (if it does, it will break) so I'd like to leave this app out of the update list forever.

Thx!
    Change its app id

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Change its app id

Does that involve renaming in internalz?

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Why not dump MHS and get freetether 1.0, problem solved
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Why not dump MHS and get freetether 1.0, problem solved
    I agree. I had MHS and freetether is WAY better. Give it a shot.

freeTether 1.0 now available for the eager untethered masses | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    I'm sure I'll eventually be using Freetether. Especially now that 1.0 has dropped. But for right now MHS is working flawlessly and works exactly as I need it to.

When you say freetether is way better, do you mean faster or just the ability to use USB and BT? Does it conserve battery life better? Any other superior features?

Thx!
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 03/28/2011 at 02:36 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Sketch for heading me in the right direction. I think I figured out how to properly change the app ID. After rebooting the phone this change does remove MHS from the list of apps to upgrade. Success! Yes?

Here's what I did:
    Using Internalz I went to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/

I opened the appinfo.json file and changed the "id" field from "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot" to "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot2"

Reboot phone. Voila. No update needed. And MHS still works as designed.
    Thanks Sketch for heading me in the right direction. I think I figured out how to properly change the app ID. After rebooting the phone this change does remove MHS from the list of apps to upgrade. Success! Yes?

Here's what I did:
    Using Internalz I went to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot/

I opened the appinfo.json file and changed the "id" field from "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot" to "com.palm.app.mobilehotspot2"

Reboot phone. Voila. No update needed. And MHS still works as designed.
    Thanks. I'll make a note of that appinfo.json file

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Does that involve renaming in internalz?

Sorry I didnt see this post sooner but it seems you got it.. I dont remember if you need to change the folder name as well.. Because after a full reboot you may not find the app in your app list.

One easy way is don't hit the "update all" button, instead just update the apps individually.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

When you say freetether is way better, do you mean faster or just the ability to use USB and BT? Does it conserve battery life better? Any other superior features?

Thx!
    The ability to use the USB and BT is a plus but I never had a drop issue with freetether. When I had MHS my internet connection would drop every once in a while. I also had trouble connecting my laptop.

The speed is going to be the same, 3G. Wont get any faster than that for the pre-

freetether is also easier to install.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)