Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to click on the installed app "Gesture Tutorial" my screen goes black and I have to restart my phone by taking battery out. The "Help" app also never loads when I try to click on it , it always says "failed to load requested page". The last thing is the "system updates" app which will always just stay on one screen and never come up with anything. Did I do something wrong when I upgraded my verizon palm pre + to web os 2.1 or is there a fix for this???? other then that everything seems to be working fine except for the preware advanced menu framework stuff etc. which when I try to install nothing happens.
    Any reason why you want to run the gesture tutorial?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Nothing big besides seeing what might be new to gestures in 2.1 and the fact that it shouldn't do that with installed apps especially the help app.
    i have some problems too, upgraded my pre plus to 2.1, and now i can't install any app even it is in devmode. instaling but nothing apears in app catalog besides my palm is in europe and unlocked.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Really hope someone can help with these issues
    From my experience, there are no new gestures in 2.1. I've been using it for about a month now and haven't noticed any gesture differences.

Also, I'm pretty sure the help stuff is broken. I never used it more than the first time I used my Pre though, because it's not really that helpful anyways.

For the advanced framework, you also have to install the device menu patch as well as any other patches you want to work. To toggle the changes for the device menu or today menu or others, you press and hold the part of the screen where the menu comes down from. IE: For the device menu patch, you press and hold the top right portion of the top bar and it'l scroll down with a menu that toggles specific settings on and off that show up in the top bar menu.
    The gesture tutorial works for me, and I will NEVER get that time back!.....So be glad it didn't work for you.....what a waste of time. ( For example....if you don't know how to do a back gesture.....then this is for you....and by the way.....that's all it teaches you)

Framework is simply that......framework. It sets the phone up so that it can use all the other "Advanced" patches. Without it, none of those patches work.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by antclauson View Post
    Nothing big besides seeing what might be new to gestures in 2.1 and the fact that it shouldn't do that with installed apps especially the help app.
    There's no new gestures. It tells you how to do a back gesture, that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Help is non-existent. It's all supposed to be very symbolic of the webOS experience.

If there were a working Help, I'm sure it would've been compiled by webosinternals and made available via Preware.
    That's a bit unfair. The Help App in webos2.1 is actually quite nice.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad132/tomitomichino/photos-temp-1jpg.jpg
    I see, well I guess it only works with the Pre 2.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint