1.    #1  
    I have a pre+ 2.1 using on TMobile and I have no need for data or 3G as I use wifi only. But sometimes the captive portal message kicks in and internet gives me the ppmb landing page and ask me to pay for data. A restart usually solve the problem. I already apply a patch to disable the captive portal message.

So, is there any patch to also disable the ppmb landing page or data service so that I can successfully use WIFI all the time (without it asking me to pay $2/mb)? Or should i make patch request?
    Last edited by JanJan; 03/26/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    What is PPMB? Have you tried using one of the advanced config patches to just turn off the 3G radio? Or mode switcher to keep it to a 2g radio and wifi.

Is that what you are looking for?
  3.    #3  
    wow it sounds like something i might be looking for. Can you please tell me the exact name for the patch (turn off 3g radio)? I tried mode switcher twice but didnt figure out how to do it...

"PPMB landing page" is the page that internet automatically redirects me to and ask me to pay for data. I guess it's just the name of that default page.
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    wow it sounds like something i might be looking for. Can you please tell me the exact name for the patch (turn off 3g radio)? I tried mode switcher twice but didnt figure out how to do it...

"PPMB landing page" is the page that internet automatically redirects me to and ask me to pay for data. I guess it's just the name of that default page.
    In Preware, get mode switcher, or get the "advanced configuration framework" and "advanced system menu" patches. You can alt+tab to determine which settings are visible in the menu.

Also, check out the app called Quick System Tasks in preware, as it might be an easier way to to this.
  5.    #5  
    im trying quick system task right now as it seems really easy to do.

is it right if i have settings as below:

cell data - off
    wifi - on
    phone radio - on
    3g only - off
    2g only - off

I'm not sure what 2g is so should i leave it on or off? There are also other options but i think they are irrelevant.