1.    #1  
    i dont think its the usual problem that the phone is stuck in headset mode ive plugged the headphones in and out dozens of times and the little speaker button in the bottom left during calls does change on and off headphone mode as i plug and unplug.

i just got this sprint pre and i dont want to have to send it back and wait for another one

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariothegreat1 View Post
    i dont think its the usual problem that the phone is stuck in headset mode ive plugged the headphones in and out dozens of times and the little speaker button in the bottom left during calls does change on and off headphone mode as i plug and unplug.

i just got this sprint pre and i dont want to have to send it back and wait for another one

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Have you installed Ghastly Headset? this will give you an easy way to tell where audio is routed for sure.

Also, this is probably a dumb question, but you're turning the volume up when you try to hear audio through the ear-speaker, right?
  3.    #4  
    yeah the volume is on thanks for the help I'll try these things out
    It is a hardware issue, I just fixed mine:

Palm Pre headphone jack repair

Luckily, I have two old (dead) pres and I pulled the headphone jack out of one and put it in my pre. Worked like a charm!

Also, I fixed my power button when I had the phone disassembled. The power button is located on a piece of meta sticking out of the phone. It was bent back a little bit, so my power button couldn't reach it. (I had a piece of paper in it before) but now the button works as it should and has the old "click" when you depress it.