Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    well I used to have a pre when it originally launched but couldnt deal with the design flaws such as the oreo slider effect and random dead pixels on my 3 replacements, so I got a Blackberry Tour so I could BBM with my wife

After about a year of Blackberry I jumped on the Android train and never looked back. The EVO was amazing! Then I got a Galaxy Tab and didnt really have a need for the EVO anymore and barely used it for anything since I always carry my Tab with me. So I was like what phone was awesome...The Pre was! and still is.

However I have been spoiled by the quickness and snappiness of my EVO and was wondering where to start to overclock my pre and run the newest WebOS? Any direction would be appreciated

I want it to run smooth and be able to use all the features the phone has to provide for

Any must have Apps?? Paid or free...free preferred lol

Any new tips other than whats posted in the old tips thread? Advice?

Please help as I await your expert advice on my journey through manipulating my pre

Thanks
    Zigg
    so you are back? Get preware and overclock to 1ghz as a starting point.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    so you are back? Get preware and overclock to 1ghz as a starting point.
    yes I am back
    and hoping sprint gets the pre3 lol
    so I jumped back on the pre wagon

where do I get preware from and is it safe to overclock to 1g?

any threads or guides someone found perticularly easy to follow
    Very safe.

a great place to start is to buy the preware documentation from the palm app catalog. It covers preware, overclocking, and the basics.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    K just purchased it and will give it a read through.
    Do I need anything else to download or what not before hand?
    is there a way to read it on the computer?
    If you really want to manipulate your Pre, you would turn that baby into a Pre 2. The Pre 2 really makes webOS fly.