1.    #1  
    i can see all apps paid and free, but i cant download paid apps since i'm from unsupported country.
    my question is, if i use a credit card from a supported country and try to download it from an unsupported country, will this solve my problem?

will have to make the most of it thru homebrew.
    Hi legion,
    Was the device activated in a supported country, or unsupported?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    He can see paid apps. Take a wild guess...
    He doesn't have an accepted credit card (need one for an official country as well to purchase apps).
    Easy big guy... wasn't trying to answer his question, but was asking in order to learn. On a device activated in an unsupported country I wasn't sure if you could still "see" paid apps and simply not be able to purchase them, or if they wouldn't show up at all. My question to him was simply for my own understanding - that's still what these forums are for I believe.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/25/2011 at 10:51 AM.
    He can see paid apps. Take a wild guess...
    He doesn't have an accepted credit card (need one for an official country as well to purchase apps).
    No need for sarcasm.

If you want to help, do so by answering the OP's question and not by unneeded comments on other posts that were not direct towards you. Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    LOL no problem GFN.. sorry for misreading it. New rule: any posts from GNF must contain one of the smileys, or at least an "LOL" or "haha" I just didn't want to come off like our 'past pal' as if I were answering instead of asking and learning. Thanks
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the replies... the phone was activated in the US (actually it's an unlocked at&t phone), and i'm now using it here in asia.

GFN, yup, i've read that simon's gift card. have to give it a shot, i'll just have to convince my brother to squeak in some time of his schedule and buy me one.

webOS makes organizing things easier. that's why i like to make the most of my new device.

i just hope old webos phones will still have app development in the future (even homebrew apps), even if newer devices will be in full blast circulation this year.

don't leave us guys behind! please!!!

*i'll also try my bro to convince in donating a few bucks to you guys.
    Dear guys. The "take a wild guess" was a joke. Come on. Lighten up!
    Does every joke require a or ???
    I can't understand why HP haven't sorted store limitations already.
  9.    #9  
    will 1.4.5 version users be left behind in the future development of webos? as of now hp shows no interest of any sort in supporting old webos device owners. yeah i know they've donated for HB development, but it gives a greater sense of belonging when dev would have come from hp/palm itself...