Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    So just did the 2.1 upgrade on a Verizon Pre+. Everything is up and running and running great, except I am not able to receive MMS or SMS messages.

I am able to send them with no problem, and they get through fine. I am able to send and receive through Google talk and AIM fine. It's just not receiving regular texts.

Any ideas? Verizon is useless, and their systems are down anyways and can't provide tech support right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiine View Post
    So just did the 2.1 upgrade on a Verizon Pre+. Everything is up and running and running great, except I am not able to receive MMS or SMS messages.

I am able to send them with no problem, and they get through fine. I am able to send and receive through Google talk and AIM fine. It's just not receiving regular texts.

Any ideas? Verizon is useless, and their systems are down anyways and can't provide tech support right now.
    Did you update your PRL as the wiki says to do? dial *22899
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Yes. Twice now. Considering a redoctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiine View Post
    Yes. Twice now. Considering a redoctor.
    You can also do *228 and then press 1. That will activate your phone. Can't hurt...

I would suggest VZW customer support before you doctor. They're always helpful when i call.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Verizon's system's were down at the time. I'm on hold for level 2 tech at the moment. Level 1 wasn't even familiar with the phone.

Edit: According to Verizon everything is fine on their end, they see the text messages being pushed to my phone. Doctor it is...
    Last edited by Raiine; 03/23/2011 at 09:15 PM.