1.    #1  
    I recently had problems with my Pre- running 2.1.0 so i activated another Pre- running 1.4.5 in the meantime, I called sprint when i was ready to reactivate my original Pre- running 2.1.0 but they were not able to get the phone to connect to there network. Has anyone had this problem and how the hell do i fix it?
    I went through the same thing. The only way I got it to work was to Dr. Back to 1.4.5. Sprint was then able to activate it. I then Doctored back to 2.1.0.

Maybe someone else has found a better way.
  3.    #3  
    I tried to doctor but my phone has that activation error then the meid #. I tried holding volume up, plug in computer, plug in battery and get USB signal but 1.4.5 doctor didn't find it. Idk what else to do. I need a phone and none of the two work. Going to wake up early b4 work and try again but hope is running out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMedina View Post
    I tried to doctor but my phone has that activation error then the meid #. I tried holding volume up, plug in computer, plug in battery and get USB signal but 1.4.5 doctor didn't find it. Idk what else to do. I need a phone and none of the two work. Going to wake up early b4 work and try again but hope is running out.
    Have you put the phone in recovery mode before doctoring? Have you reinstalled novacom? Have you restarted the computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I went through the same thing. The only way I got it to work was to Dr. Back to 1.4.5. Sprint was then able to activate it. I then Doctored back to 2.1.0.

Maybe someone else has found a better way.
    I sure didn't. Went through exactly the same thing with a few scares.

Medina>> So the USB icon *did* appear? How many times did you try? Did you try different USB ports/different computers? Have you successfully doctored on the port/computer that you have been trying on? What's your computer OS?
  6.    #6  
    It did appear. I've doctored from same computer several times successfully and I tried about 4 times this time. I doctored a different Pre- to 2.1.0 earlier and it worked fine. Running windows xp.

Did not restart computer and novacom is reinstalled.

I'll try in the a.m. and see what happens.
    It did appear. I've doctored from same computer several times successfully and I tried about 4 times this time. I doctored a different Pre- to 2.1.0 earlier and it worked fine. Running windows xp.

Did not restart computer and novacom is reinstalled.

I'll try in the a.m. and see what happens.
    Best wishes. Might as well give restarting the computer a shot too.
    Did you use the same phone # on both phones? If so then the info is now residing on the last phone you had running 2.1

Call Sprint and have them program the phone number, ESN etc back onto the phone you are trying to use.

It should involve holding down orange key then ##786# or something and then you'll need your MSL info.

Once all that is done. Now doctor back to 1.4.5, activate and then Meta-doctor to 2.1
  9.    #9  
    All set.... Went to my mother's house and used her computer to doctor to 1.4.5 and it worked. Thanks
    All set.... Went to my mother's house and used her computer to doctor to 1.4.5 and it worked. Thanks
    Great glad you got past the Dr. part.

Did you update the Network Settings and PRL under 1.4.5?

Were you then able to Doctor to 2.1.0 then?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    This is a frustrating problem, I would like to be able to switch between two phones, but I keep having to redoctor to 1.4.5 then again to 2.1.0. It's giving me SIM card envy....
  12.    #12  
    didn't update prl.... put it in recovery then doctor'd to 1.4.5. After activating pre again I meta-doctor'd to 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I had the same problem so wut I did to fix it was erase the whole meta-doctor folder on my pc n started fresh then remade the doctor from scratch n every started workin better than ever!