Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are there any Pre- owners who are really glad that they upgraded to webOS 2.x?

Or do most Pre- owners who metadoctor up to 2.x end up going back to 1.4.5?
    - Bubba
    Very happy here. Def not going back. For the minor lag or studder here and there overall I am very happy. I have not had one random reset since the upgrade. Feels fresh and if the phone stays together may allow me to wait for the next phone after the pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    Are there any Pre- owners who are really glad that they upgraded to webOS 2.x?

Or do most Pre- owners who metadoctor up to 2.x end up going back to 1.4.5?
    I have upgraded to 2.x and I am very happy with the results. I have a Pre- on BellM!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm on Sprint with a Pre- .

I really like the new OS but there are some slowdowns and hiccups when trying to throw away cards or change between apps.

Overall I would say it's worth it to me but it's an individual choice. There are quite a few neat features not available to 1.4.5 and the patches and themes are rolling in slowly. I am liking it more each day. I should also mention I am running UberKernel at 800/500 mhz now. I used to run it at 1000/500 mhz but I am trying to squeeze a bit more battery out of it now.
    I'm happy. Not overly-excited...but happy. Things seem...smoother....even with a little lag now and then...but I don't see too many differences.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Honest assessments, not complaints.

A little slower and uses up the battery more.
    Some cool features including multicards and vpn.
    Not all homebrew patches and apps are ported yet.
    (I really miss terminal)

I didn't startout trying to upgrade. I installed a patch that screwed up the dbus system and uninstalling it didn't work. If I'm going to Dr. it, I might as well jump to 2.1

Recommendations:
    Install an overclocking kernel of your choice, with govner.
    Go into govner -> advanced settings and increase the compcache to atleast 16M.
    Happy camper here also. Running stock kernel, no overclocking yet, and it doesn't seem to be any slower than 1.4.5. Also got the sprint Nav installed and working thanks to the wonderful folks here.

HP really needs to overhaul the Calendar app... Still no agenda view... It would be nice to view all upcoming appts as a list... Oh well.
    happy with the update...overclocked pre-
    How did you guys get the sprint nav working
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lowridincrew View Post
    How did you guys get the sprint nav working
    There's an excellent discussion here ...http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-2-1-0-a.html

A Sprint webOS Doctor 2.0.1 BETA version was publicly available for a short time. But during that short time, it was downloaded by many people, and since then it has been even more widely distributed -- contrary to the wishes of HP and Sprint.

The 2.0.1 beta has issues, but it also has its uses. A number of people have extracted the Nav component from that beta, then meta-doctored it into 2.1.

In the thread referenced above, several posts suggest the mysterious beta file is "not hard to find if you look around." I have no idea if that's true, or not.
    - Bubba
    I'm getting that update itch.. using an O2 Germany Unlocked here.

Wondering what this lag and stutter's all about. How about the calendar? Does it display events faster? Or is that 2-3 second lag still there before displaying everything, even with ubercalendar installed?

And did you guys try and save your Palm Profile? Or just erased it as suggested?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I'm getting that update itch.. using an O2 Germany Unlocked here.

Wondering what this lag and stutter's all about. How about the calendar? Does it display events faster? Or is that 2-3 second lag still there before displaying everything, even with ubercalendar installed?

And did you guys try and save your Palm Profile? Or just erased it as suggested?

Thanks!
    The lag is random...not bad, but doesn't seem to be connected to any specific app..

I did kill my profile backup first, but I've seen several posts from ppl who did not, and had no problems..
    What about mobile Hotspot? I use that daily, so I wouldn't want to lose that.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    What about mobile Hotspot? I use that daily, so I wouldn't want to lose that.
    Freetether is available in Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Freetether is available in Preware
    I just got this today...works great. I had Mobile Hotspot before the upgrade, it disappeared...so after reading up on some posts I decided to try this. So far so good!
    I am also quite happy with the upgrade. No issues. Quick suggestion: it would be nice to pose this question in a poll, ie:
    1. Upgraded to 2.1 - happy camper
    2. Upgraded to 2.1 - some bugs but won't go back
    3. Upgraded to 2.1 - too many bugs, considering to go back to 1.4.5
    4. Upgraded to 2.1 - unusable device, went back to 1.4.5
    5. No 2.1 for me
    There are issues for certain...if there wasn't HP would have released it a long time ago. Either way, I like many of the new features (stacks, exhibition, launcher, etc) and I'd obviously miss-out on the new 2.0 only webOS slowly populating the App Catalog.

Also had a few problems with some old patches now updated to 2.0 including things like Ubercalendar (click on a calendar entry to open and update and it would ask if you want to delete). Not sure why it was doing this, but Ubercalendar was my only patch update relating to calendar and once I removed it my problems went away.

F105 or other acceleration is a must have with 2.1 and finally resolved most of my sluggish aspects disabling Compcache, which works for me. Would love a better more knowledgeable suggestion for Govnah settings, but haven't done the research. Sorli...
    I have been using 2.1 for a while now on my Sprint Pre-. I won't be going back to 1.4.5. There are just to many new features I love and wanted in 2.1. Stacks, Just Type are just the few I love.

All of the important patches I needed along with Overclocking are now available. That's a big plus.

I have noticed lately some lag here and there. Nothing to cry about. I was overclocked using screenstate 500/1000 but since have switched to fixed 800. My main problem was waking the phone up from exhibiation or the off state.
    - Skinneejay -
    I might be going back. Too many lags and hang ups for me. I don't think my Pre- is ready for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I might be going back. Too many lags and hang ups for me. I don't think my Pre- is ready for this.
    What Kernel are you using? After seeing other posts and trying 3 diff kernels, I stuck with the Uber for now, at 800 fixed...seems to have smoothed out previous lags that came from 500/1000 as well as the 1 gb one..can't remember what it's called. But yea, so far so good..

Also, have you run it after doctoring without patches? I don't know that any would cause lag...but I'd try anything b4 going back to 1.4.5..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast