Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been running 2.1.0 for a couple weeks now and I'm overall happy with it. I do have some slow downs here and there, but nothing worth going back to 1.4.5.

One thing I've noticed is that with 1.4.5 I was able to run a 3D game with two or three apps open, but with 2.1.0 I have to close all other apps to run a 3D game.

I'm running uberkernal at 500/1000.

-Skippy
    I have a verizon pre plus and have been considering updating. One question I have has to do with patches and apps. I know not everything has been updated to work for 2.x. So what does the 2.0 catalog look like? Even preware? Is there a BIG difference where one would miss 1.4.5 just because of the patches and apps that dont work on 2.0.
    I'm running UK at 800/500 screenstate mostly. Usually it is ok, but I'm having many more issues than I had with 1.4.5.
    I've upgraded my palm pre minus to 2.1. It had some lag for some apps that overclocking seemed to deal with.

The big deal is that it seems to have broken the phone functionality. I was very careful update the sprint PRL per Webos Internals notes but I can no longer use the phone to make or receive calls. Funny thing is I can still call Sprint services though....
    I've been with 2.1 for a little over a week now, and aside from the lag here and there and the odd freeze, not going back. Original Pre ( the - for all of you that jumped on the bandwagon ) overclocked UK SS1K/500 64MBcc. It's not too bad with those settings for me, not any worse than what I had with 1.4.5. The auto-correct and word-wrap is the cat's meow. App catalog, it looks neat but it's the S.Ol'S. The cards and stacks, far better than I thought and the mini cards aren't anything more than a distant memory. No problems with my profile, I followed the directions in the wiki and haven't had any profile/app issues (that I've noticed). The launcher isn't as bad as you think. I was using 5X4 large icons and going back to 3X3 is kind of a nice, refreshing change. Voice dial, I've tried it twice and it didn't work, maybe one day I'll try it again. Favorites in contacts is long overdue. I don't need every single contact when I'm looking for regularly called numbers. Exhibition... Might be time for a touchstone. That's all for now

bottom line (imo) the pros outweigh the cons.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Been running 2.1 on a Pre - for a few days now. So far so good, just a few little lockups from time to time. BTG where is free tether, do not see it in Preware. Am I blind?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've been with 2.1 for a little over a week now, and aside from the lag here and there and the odd freeze, not going back. Original Pre ( the - for all of you that jumped on the bandwagon ) overclocked UK SS1K/500 64MBcc. It's not too bad with those settings for me, not any worse than what I had with 1.4.5. The auto-correct and word-wrap is the cat's meow. App catalog, it looks neat but it's the S.Ol'S. The cards and stacks, far better than I thought and the mini cards aren't anything more than a distant memory. No problems with my profile, I followed the directions in the wiki and haven't had any profile/app issues (that I've noticed). The launcher isn't as bad as you think. I was using 5X4 large icons and going back to 3X3 is kind of a nice, refreshing change. Voice dial, I've tried it twice and it didn't work, maybe one day I'll try it again. Favorites in contacts is long overdue. I don't need every single contact when I'm looking for regularly called numbers. Exhibition... Might be time for a touchstone. That's all for now

bottom line (imo) the pros outweigh the cons.
    Thanks. I've been considering it for a while now. The auto correct, voice dialing (if it works on Verizon) and exhibition is what I have been looking forward to the most. As long as I can keep my profile, I think I might just do it soon.
    so how do you update the sprint pre 1 to webos 2.x without losing your text/call history?
    Personally, I went back to 1.4.5 The features of 2.1 are great, however, the minor bugs and lag add up to be to much of an annoyance for me. I'll wait until all the bugs get kinked out or just do Pre 2 conversion. --Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrausch View Post
    Been running 2.1 on a Pre - for a few days now. So far so good, just a few little lockups from time to time. BTG where is free tether, do not see it in Preware. Am I blind?
    Yes?

jk..

I went to Applications, and then selected "All", then just typed in free...and found it. That was yesterday..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I am ok with the update but I honestly expected much more. Otherwise I pretty happy with the update, I overclock the pre running it at 800Mhz that helps some.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12